NOD keeps alerting me on a NAV .dll file

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JPM, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Registered Member

I have NOD32 installed and just upgraded to NAV 2004. I am using NOD as my on access scanner and NAV as on demand. The problem I am having is that NOD keeps alerting me that Symlcnet.dll in the Symantec shared file folder is possibly infected with something. It says it may be infected with crypt something or other I can't remember. I get the warnings when I start my system. I have tried to exclude the file but it does not work in NOD32 v2 and being it seems ESET is in no hurry to fix the exclude feature I don't know how to stop the warnings from occuring. I had no problems with NAV 2002 and NOD, and I am fairly certain this is a false positive. Anyone have an idea on how to stop NOD from flagging this file?

Thanks in advance

2. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi JPM,

Just a thought,

Why not uninstall NAV, NOD is all you need, or is there a particular reason for keeping NAV??

rgds,
    Martin

3. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Well I always have another AV scanner as a backup. I guess I just don't trust one or the other completely, so I scan with both regularly in case one misses something. Having said that, I also just payed to upgrade to the latest NAV so I would like to at least get my one license year out of it I suppose :)

4. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi JPM,

Question: did you install NOD with NAV running??

If so, disable NAV when installing NOD, that should get rid of your bug window.

rgds,
    Martin

5. JPM

JPM Registered Member

NOD has been installed on my system for quite some time now, there was never a problem with NAV 2002. I upgraded to Nav 2004 yesterday and had AMON disabled while I installed NAV. Then when I rebooted I turned Amon back on and a second or two later the warnings started coming up. The only thing that changed was the new version on NAV, and I believe it is a false positive as mentioned. I tried to exclude the file in question using NOD's exclude function but the exclude does not work in NOD as has been mentioned in other threads on this board. So possibly I will have to wait until ESET fixes the exclude function, which does not look like it will happen any time soon. Whoi knows maybe next time when the update the databases for NOD it will go away I don't know.

6. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

I cleaned out my NAV 2002 completely when I won the NOD32 AV.
    I once accidently deleted a Symantec file in reg. and when I re-installed it started from the new installation date giving me another 6
    months. But that is now lost. Just checking here.
    The NAV previously should have expired 1 AUG and I won NOD Aug 12, so
    somebody must be keeping me right up there. ;)

7. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hey JPM,

> am using NOD as my on access scanner and NAV as on demand. The problem I am having is that NOD keeps alerting me that Symlcnet.dll in the Symantec shared file folder is possibly infected with something.

It's really a false alarm and it will be fixed in the next update (scheduled today).

Thanx! :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.