NOd Enterprise - exchange turned off - infected with some type of worm

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Honeysuckle, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle Registered Member

Greetings all - I have never seen this before where a worm of some sort turned (disabled) NOD - alerter service and other services and infected 2 servers, DHCP, 15 workstations all with the latest updates and OS - Servers - 2003 & SBS Prem for DHCP. - I ran tests online - virus - spyware and the NOD32 Support software and it did not detect anything anywhere. The network is running like a dog and I still cannot remove it. Even though all systems & internet were offline for most of the day and I was bringing up systems one at a time until i was happy. - Anyway until I sort this out i have to have everyone on terminal services.

Any Ideas as to what it can be or if you have experienced anything like this before as the support from NOD Australia is next to no help at all.

I was running multiple scans and still could not find anything. (have uninstalled and reinstalled NOD - off the network.)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If it is a worm , it should not be difficult to find it.

Why do you think your machines are infected (with a worm) , are you sure AMON/the kernel cannot load on all these machines and this is due to possible infection .

Generally for EE , the Technical Support departament is the best way to go . Have you provided them with log files (some tools such as Autoruns , LookinMyPC and other) . If not ask them about this . Otherwise, contact ESET's HQ Slovakia via this web form.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

o_O Storm worm variants can be very difficult to find.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

There are tools which can help find them :)

5. jftuga

jftuga Registered Member

Can you post links to these tools?

-John

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

I don't want to be rude but should you need some help you'd better first post here or contact ESET Support , then explain your question/issues and then someone will tell you exactly what is needed to help them help you .

There are many small softwares (small programs also called tools or utilities) which can do different things , each and every one is specific for the case :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.