nod does not likes win 98 se

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by monica_84, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monica_84

monica_84 Registered Member

when i click internet explorer i get a message internet explorer has done an illegal operation and i will be close . nod also messed up with zone alarm .

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 works flawlessly on my machine with W98 SE installed. Are you sure NOD32 is actually the culprit? Does the problem disappear after uninstalling NOD32? Have you tried reinstalling Internet Explorer (the best would be that you install the latest version with SP)?

3. monica_84

i am using internet explorer latest version . after uninstalling nod internet explorer is working without any single crash . my firewall zone firewall is also working

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I too must say that NOD32 works beautifully on my W98SE box. In fact, it works far better on that box than it does on my new XP box where it still, even with the new engine, has problems. In fact, NOD works better on my W98SE box than any other av I have tried and I have tried most of them.

I think it more likely that IE might be corrupted. Have you tried repairing IE? What version of IE are you using? What exactly is the error message? Next time it happens, write it down (all of it) and post it here. (I use IE5.5SP2 on my W98SE box as IE6 had way too many problems so if you are using IE6, I would suggest you go back to IE5.5).

I haven't used Zone Alarm in a long time so I can't help you with that but I'm sure someone else here will be able to do so.

5. monica_84

nod is not only interfering with internet explorer but also with firewall .

6. Kym

Kym Registered Member

Works perfectly here one two Win98se pc's. Never had a problem with Nod32 interfering with ZoneAlarm or Kerio either. You never know though.

7. Kym

Kym Registered Member

Works perfectly here one two Win98se pc's. Never had a problem with Nod32 interfering with ZoneAlarm or Kerio either. You never know though.

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Just a guess: could the following maybe help?

In IMON >
    Setup >
    Advanced setup >

(See now the screenshot)

Click "Repair Now"
    Reboot

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.