NOD Demo - Are all options available

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Uncertain, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncertain

Uncertain Registered Member

Just completed indepth scan and nod indicated 3 potential threats. Opted in setup to ask me what to do, screen popped, ask if wanted to submit for further evaluation (and did) and only options available were to copy to Quarantine and leave - rename, delete and all else greyed/grayed (one of those) out. Then changed setting to clean and presented with the same options - all else greyed out - - - THOUGHTS

As always - - if it ain't broke fix it anyway

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Were the threats located inside archives (.zip files)? If so, this is normal behavior for the NOD32 on-demand scanner.

NOD32 does not delete/rename/clean viruses within .zip files in order to avoid corrupting the .zip file, just in case the rest of the .zip file is legitimate. It also does not delete the entire .zip file for the same reason. In order to get rid of the detected threat, you will have to delete the .zip file yourself.

Keep in mind that if you do not delete the .zip file, you will still be protected by NOD32. If you try to extract or run the virus within the .zip file, the AMON module will detect the unzipped virus and stop it.

I would still go ahead and delete the .zip file myself, though.

3. Uncertain

Uncertain Registered Member

Seems the same threat detected, one contained within a zip and one extracted. Have deleted both - it appears to be an old word 2000 file utility prog - prlly ok.

Hmmmm may like this proggie pretty good - never heard of it until I found out that current firewalls and av prog won't work with X64

Better yet I am really impressed with this forum

If it ain't broke fix it anyway.

Thanks for the response and have a great day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.