NOD deleting Thunderbird mailbox

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tjevans, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjevans

tjevans Registered Member

I changed the default setting in NOD 32 as suggested by Blackspear in the "extra settings" thread. The problem is that when conducting its weekly full scan, NOD keeps finding a deleted EICAR test message and deleting my inbox in Thunderbird.

I searched the forum and discovered what I need to do to make sure there's no remnant of the EICAR message left for NOD to find. Now my questions is which of NOD's settings do I need to change to make sure that my entire inbox is not deleted just because one message may be infected?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's been tested here numerous times and Thunderbird's mailbox was never deleted by NOD32.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

tjevans,

can you post EXACT version details of your operating system, thunderbird and nod32 please?

thanks

Greg

4. tjevans

tjevans Registered Member

I am running Windows XP Home SP2, T-bird 1.07, and NOD32 2.50.45.

Marcos, maybe I'm using the wrong term, and my inbox was not deleted. All I know is that there were messages in my inbox last night before the scan (none of which had virii) and in the morning, after the scan, the messages were all gone, and a folder (or file) labeled "inbox" had been placed into NOD's quarantine.

5. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.