NOD catch trojan on IE but not on FireFox !

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Shaman_fr, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaman_fr

Shaman_fr Registered Member

Hi all,
    Here is a very very Strange problem :
    On a specific page : <where can i post an url for testing purpose ?> (the page contains 2 trojans) if you load the page with IE, nod catchs both trojans, but if its with firefox, nod pick only the 1st one but not BlackBox the 2nd one !!!! The java virtual machine starts and popups for proxy login info!!!!
    Both ie and fx have same config in IMON compatibility list for clients...
    How can nod behave deferently depending on the browser you use ?

Regards,

Shaman_fr

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Feel free to IM me the URL if you wish....and I will take a look see in case it's permissible to post.

BTW....would you mind taking a screenshot of what NOD is displaying. Yeah....it might show the URL....but it want be clickable ;)

Regards,
    Bubba

3. Shaman_fr

Sent...

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Received ;)
    While I take into consideration how best we can assist....shall we skip the lecture part about playing in the mud(Keys & Cheats URL)....will surely get one dirty ;)

5. Shaman_fr

I'm a Warcraft 3 player, i have my cds, but i want a no_cd patch to keep free my dvd rom drive. The chek is done with my product-key on battle.net server anyway, nothing illegal here... I go to this site to search for the no_cd
    And of course i paid my nod license.

Shaman_fr

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Shaman_fr,

I am by no means questioning your motives and or surfing habits. I simply have to weigh what portion of the supplied info can be posted in regards to that URL without jeopardizing other members....and still be able to answer your valid question. Since that URL has a number of script entries pertaining to toolbars....XXXtoolbar, YourSideBar and SlotchBar....I'm personally not sure where to even start with a satisfactory explanation. The URL has been shared with others and we will await their comments....or Not.

7. Shaman_fr

oki thanks for you answer. :)
    Have you been able to reproduce the problem ?

Best Regards,

Shaman_fr

8. Shaman_fr

i'm very surprised noone care about this big imon issu...

9. alglove

alglove Registered Member

You say that Internet Explorer and Firefox are set to the same compatability mode, but you do not say which mode that is. What if you tried changing Firefox's setting?

10. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I do not think that it is an imon issue.. Have you sent an e-mail to ESET about this problem and attached an information about website you were visiting when this problem occurred?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.