nod can t detect W32/Mytob.gen@MM

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tsilo, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

hi
    I am first posted there
    2 days ago i found somthing -- nod.updates.unloker.working.rar

I was sure it was virus, but i was also sure that nod32 can detect it, but when I unrar it file nod.fix disapear and go in my system proceses.nod32 dont datacted it... :doubt:

I submit that file in virustotal.com and found that only mccafe can detect it with name W32/Mytob.gen@MM
    I also send that file to samples@eset.com
    after somtime I submit file in virustotal and a saw other antivirus companis add that virus in their virus signatures, butnod32 dont...
    after I send that file to samples@eset.com nod32 updated 4 times, but without succes...
    what s wrong?..

sorry for my bad english!

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

First: It would better not to download cracks :) and for sure not mention those files in this forum.
    Second: IMHO NOD32 detects the W32/Mytob-GC alias Net-Worm.Win32.Mytob.gen alias W32/Mytob.gen@MM.
    Correct mi Eset folks if i am wrong.

Edit: I think i have to correct me. Didn't found that mutant of W32/Mytob-GC in the virus database of Eset.
    http://www.nod32usa.com/virus_database/

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  3. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

there is fact!!!
    I have nod32 licens and I dont need cracks...
    It was only test..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
  4. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Maybe it would be advisable in the future not to run something on your system if you suspect it is a virus because every Antivirus misses something from time to time so you can never be 100% sure your antivirus will detect it.

I would send it again to be sure as they may not have received the first sample you sent.

Regards

5. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

yes it will by good, but it s in the past...
    I am interesting after submitting when they add that virus in signatures, I submit it 3 days ago!!!

6. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

They may not have received it when you sent it 2/3 days ago. You could send it again, in a password protected zip, password "infected", with a link to this thread, just in case they didnt receive it the first time.

7. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

I submit that virus in virustotal several times and I know they also send infected files to eset..
    I send it to eset with nod32 submitting and with my email..

8. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, that is a virus and hope ESET will add it.
    This is why they should make at least an automatic reply (which is not so complicated to implement) to e-mails received as if users should know if their sample was received or not. I sent them viruses sometime and then I was told they didn't receive it. :(

9. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

I wait next update to clean my system :rolleyes:

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

This Nod Forum is here for support issues not for testing if Nod has a particular malware in it's database at a given moment in time. "Files can be found that any AV will get a hit on and others will miss. We could post threads like this, (with or without Jotti or VirusTotal screen shots), all day and still be none the wiser for it."

Also as noted in past closed\removed threads of this type and in keeping with our position....these type threads are neither support issue related or helpful. If\when vendors receive said samples they will act on this item according to the priority they deem necessary. What We will not be continuing is yet another thread of who's added the item to their database and who hasn't.

Having said that....this thread is now closed.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.