NOD AntiVirus Beta 2 Comments

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Thankful, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Everything seems fine so far. Definitions updated O.K. I like the little touch that was added to Update re: 'Update not needed. Definitions up to date'. Ran scan O.K. Checked AV vs. Eicar test virus and program responded with virus message.
    Virus definition signature now displayed with tooltip.

2. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Can we see some screen shots of the AV only version for interest please from anyone using that ?

Many Thanks.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

4. ugly

ugly Registered Member

At the first view :

Still have to disconnect to install :'( or else :

error.JPG

Still 5 warnings from eicar instead of 1.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Network must always disconnect for an instant when any network drivers are being installed. If you know about such a firewall, I'll be interested in testing it.

This is not a matter of ESS. If your browser tries to re-establish a blocked connection 5 times, ESS will block it 5 times. It won't block it 4 times and one time will let malware do its job.

6. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but the small Taks Icon shows newest Date Base 2.278. But inside the programms it shows 2.280 o_O

7. Marcos

Mine shows the version correctly at both places.

8. dormix

dormix Registered Member

ESS BETA2 Very good first impression.

The waiting has been rewarded. Very Nice!
    My first impression is:
    - Traditional lightness and fluidity.
    - Optimized graphics of GUI.
    - The scan on demand works very fine showing the log in a new window and without many use of performance and without GUI hanging.

I find a little problem with the context menu scanner: when I moved the TASK MANAGER window on the context menu scanner window it didn't refresh.
    Anyone knows how to set the scan from winrar toolbar?

9. ugly

ugly Registered Member

You are right. But only in ESS case installation ( after disconnect and reconnect or not ) ends to an error.

Abot EICAR or any other malware - suppose my browser will try to download that a hundred times will I have to get a warning every single time ? No I don't think so. My personal opinion is you should block it once and for good ( terminating that connection).

10. PcVersteher

PcVersteher Registered Member

Hello

What must i see, since Installation in system32\drivers Directory ?
    epfwtdir.sys ? When i delete this driver from a other Winxp Installation an reboot i read the Message : Failed to read Firewall settings ?
    A Personalfirewalldriver in Eset Antivirus ? Sorry Eset. No Way for me :(

mfg PcVersteher

11. Marcos

The solution for you is installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus which does not include firewall. Of course, if you manually remove crucial drivers ESS will complain and can return errors.

12. PcVersteher

PcVersteher Registered Member

Hello
    ESS will complain and can return errors?

I have installed only Eset Antivirus. When ESS has a Personalfirewall, ok.
    I don´t like to have an Personalfirewall. I installed Eset Antivirus.

EDIT: Why have the new ESET Antivirus an Personalfirewalldriver? This is a great Problem for me.

mfg

13. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

My MSN (Live) messenger is now crawling when sending files and I've enabled it in all directions, any help with configuring for this would be great. Can I also suggest that you have some pre-configured rules for things like messengers, browsers, etc in the final product? It would save people a lot of time.

14. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Had the GUI hanging on me when I had password enabled. Did not try without having password enabled. Password box would not show for a long time and CPU went up to 100% and finally passwword box would appear and CPU would go down but this was quite annoying but I know it is a beta and that is why I mention it.

Gary

Gary

15. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I am getting thousands of "internal errors" when doing a scan.

16. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Same here. There are pages after pages of internal errors, especially where archives are concerned.

17. flyrfan111

I made the report into a word document, it's 228 pages:(

18. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, send the report in and see what they say. Obviously, not everyone is seeing those errors, so let's see what they say when they get your report. It may be Beta 2, but it is still a beta.

19. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Now the mine shows the same at both places, too. But, today it shows 2.281 so it itself update but didn't show me the update ballon. And, it showes me the the named places 2.281, but at now at On demand Scan it show 2.280 ?

It seems, it didn't changed/count to the newest datebase itself ?

20. flyrfan111

Sent in the report, but uninstalled the beta, just didn't feel secure with so many errors. No one file type seemed to cause them, there were txt, htm, log, tmp, zip, rar, arj, vbs, doc, docx, jpg, .... you name it and it's in there, the greatest majority seem to be packed file types, zip and rar in particular but there were also plenty of uncompressed files as well.

This on Vista Home premium btw, NOD 2.7 and F-Prot have no problems scanning on this system and both were uninstalled prior to the Beta being installed.

21. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

Hi flyrfan111,

Me too with the internal errors... I just loaded the ESS beta 2 and ran the first scan. On the plus sides, it did find my trojan simulator files and quarantine them.

edit: I am using the suite, not the stand alone antivirus. Also, most if not all of the files listed as "internal error" appear to be zip files in the directory - C:\Ibmtools\aps\RNR\...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  22. flyrfan111

Dealing with support about the internal error messages now, sent them a few files to examine and see what the prob is, will keep you guys posted.

23. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Now the mine shows the same at both places, too. But, today it shows 2.281 so it itself update but didn't show me the update ballon. And, it showes me the the named places 2.281, but at now at On demand Scan it show 2.280 ?

It seems, it didn't changed/count to the newest datebase itself ?

And i see no ballon pop up ufter udating datebase.

24. Steel

Steel Registered Member

An other thing. After or during an on demand Scan, is there no possibilty ( avaible ) for sumitting an infected ( or maybe infected file ) ?

I mean, directly sending from the on demand Scan ? Or do i first save the file into quarantine or another place submitting it to ESET ?

25. Marcos

At least ESS nor my NOD32 v2 don't report any error and both scan all files inside. We'll try it with Eset Antivirus to see if it makes a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.