Nod and ATI

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Will S, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will S

Will S Registered Member

Anyone have a problem installing the latest ATI software with Nod32 ? The drivers seem to install but get an error cli.exe ( the ati panels etc ) failed to install etc. Have tried cleaning all my old settings out using Driver Cleaner and then installing the latest but it fails. First time I have had any problems with installing ATI and the only difference I can see is that I have NOD32 ( which I quit before installing anything ) on the computer.

A different question is their a simple way to stop NOD32 loading whilst I troubleshoot this problem ?

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Never seen problems between ATI and NOD on my machine.

ATI Catalyst Control Center needs .net 1.1 installed before installing the driver package. Do you have this installed? Maybe a reinstall of this package will solve the problem.

Best way to stop the NOD32 file scanner (AMON) is to open NOD32 Control Center, go to AMON page and untick "File system monitor (AMON) enabled". Also try to disable IMON.

----- Remember you have NO PROTECTION untill AMON and IMON are activated again!

3. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

This is something that bit me too after an XP reinstall because ATI's drivers will install with no notice that it needs it installed for the interface to function properly.

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    No issue, usually update my Cat drivers every other month or so.

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

It sounds like a .NET 1.1 issue to me, as well. This would especially be a problem if the old Catalyst drivers you were using used the "Control Panel" interface (which integrates into the Windows Display Control Panel) instead of the newer "Catalyst Control Center", which is almost a standalone app.

If you do not already have .NET 1.1 installed on your computer, you can usually get it through Windows Update. Note that installation .NET 2.0 will not fix this problem. You actually need the 1.1 version. Kind of confusing, in my opinion.

By the way, if you never use any of those features anyway, you can uninstall the Catalyst Control Center through Add/Remove Programs and just leave the Drivers there. When you install your next set of drivers, do a Custom installation to skip the CCC.

6. mikkl

mikkl Guest

Whenever installing drivers, I always to a clean boot in XP using MSConfig and the directions you can find on microsoft.com. In this way, all non-MS software is not running and you get the cleanest possible install of the drivers.

mikkl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.