nod 32v2 trial period finished

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by the mul, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Can u tell me do i have to uninstall nod trial version before i purchase the payed for version.I have also noticed that when u purchase the programme it is a web download to your system Is this correct.
    Your help is much appreciated.

the mul

2. sig

sig Registered Member

Uninstall the trial version and reboot before you install the commercial (registered) NOD version 2.

When you pay for NOD you will be sent an email with your username and password. It should arrive fairly quickly but on occasion some people have reported delays. You need that info before you can download the commercial version. When you click to download it from the site a panel will pop up where you will enter the username and password. (As I recall.) Then you can download and install your registered version.

If you haven't seen this FAQ page already, it has helpful info to let you know about the process and how to install and configure NOD. Just glancing at it, it appears it hasn't been updated for version 2 but the basics should still be applicable and you can always ask questions here.

http://www.nod32.com/support/faq.htm

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Sig is right, I merely recommend that you download the commercial version before uninstalling the trial one to avoid connecting to the Internet with no virus protection.

4. the mul

Just to let u know marcos, nod32v2 is only used as a backup av as i have nav 2003 already in place.Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated.

The Mul

5. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello the mul
    Has anyone suggested that you consider using NOD32 as your primary anti-virus software and Norton as the secondary? The reason it is suggested is because NOD32 has more 100% awards from Virus Bulletin than any other av software. This means it has passed more tests [to pass it is necessary to stop 100% of the viruses thrown at it] than any other av software. Virus Bulletin is a third-party private testing organisation found here: www.virusbtn.com.

Just something to consider.
    Best wishes

6. the mul

Thanks for all your advise it is appreciated, i have found that when i mention that i use nav as my main av and nod as backup that many people suggest to use nod as my main instead.I know people are only trying to give me good advise, and i have read many threads on what av is the best to use.I do like nod, but i am quite happy to stay with nav at the moment.My nav subscription is due soon so i may switch in the near future to using nod as my main av.Thanks again, and i have been on the virus bulletin site and have read all the information.

The mul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.