NOD 32 V4 not scanning network drives

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradders, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradders

bradders Registered Member

Hi All,

I am using NOD 32 V4 to scan my PC and i have several network drives. If I run an on demand scan and set it to scan the network drives it does it without any problems. However if I use the scheduler to do this when I check the log file it says that the Network drives can not be opened.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
    Bradley

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi bradders,

When you set up the Scheduled Scan, at the end, do you "Save" the Networked Drives and chosen parameters to the scanning profile you are using?

BFG

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Scheduled tasks are run in the local system account so the scanner does not have permissions to network shares.

4. bradders

bradders Registered Member

It works fine if I run the scan manually, and it seems odd that it gies you the option to scan network drives if it is not able to?

Any ideas?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Networks drives can be scanned on demand. In theory, it'd be possible to scan network drives even with scheduled scans, but these don't have sufficient permissions to access network shares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.