NOD 32 Users

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nish, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nish

nish Registered Member

I am looking at getting a new laptop soon and am seriously considering investing in NOD :)

I just wanted to know if anyone had upgraded from using AVG or Avast or anything and what your experiences was?

Do you not regret turning from the free AV and paying for NOD?

Thanks in advance

Nish
    x

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Great !

Well , I have been in the computer ^business^ for long time . First , years ago , I used F-prot , in 2004 and 2005 I was using Panda Titanium , now I am using NOD32 . I find NOD32 for currently the best security. I have never used AVG or Avast , because I have made tests with them and they are .. hmm .. poor ... ;)
    As I said , I used Panda (it made my own PC so slow) and when I first installed NOD32's trial , wow , so fast PC and still high protection

I don't regret and will never regret , I believe . NOD32 is excellent .
    Small footprint
    Fast and reliable
    Daily updates
    Advanced heuristic (at about 92% detection)
    Detection of all kind of threats
    Cheap (may be the cheapest here in my country)
    Excellent tech support (the USA answer so fast that it seems to be like an IM conversation)

You are welcome !!! :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2006
  3. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I replaced Avast with NOD32 on a friends laptop. NOD32 seems lighter to both of us. He liked it so much he bought a 5 pc package for all his pc's after a month or so using it. :cool:

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Nish, welcome to Wilders.

No, in fact I was so impressed I became a Reseller, this was after AVG failed me several times and then went on to fail 5 friends over the next 6 months, they all now have Nod32.

Cheers :D

5. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Just to add to everyone else's comments. I've been online since 1984. I've used the big names like McAfee and Norton, I've used AVG, Panda and others.

I choose to use NOD32, faster, lighter on resources, better at its job.

Go for it, you won't regret it.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Congratulations !!! :D The right choice :thumb:

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Let's not exagerate HiTech_boy. They have never reached this level of heuristic detection. See the av-comparatives.org tests. I've also made some tests with my own samples(which of course it's probably not so reliable) and it reached around 80 % detection.

Well, I don't know to what tech support do you reffer to, but when you compare reaction time to samples submitted by users it's very poor.
    Just take Dr.Web, Kaspersky, Panda, AntiVir, etc which have maximum 24 H reaction time to e-mails and even faster. With ESET's 1-2 weeks reaction time..no comment. :(

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Oh , sorry , I can't confirm that . When I ask question(s) they answer almost immediately (just in some hours) . As I have said before I have used F-prot and Panda (and I know the situation with Symantec very well) => these companies reply to their customer requests in some day time (too long ,too boring, IMO )

About samples , I again can't confirm . I have submitted malware some times (something known to be infected) and they added it in the next signature file (only some hours later after I submitted it ) ,so extremely fast , IMO

I am not sure why do you think so , may be you have hit upon some really busy time or something like that . For me , they are still really fast ;)

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's been said numerous times that samples are added on a per-need basis, depending on the threat level they pose. NON-FUNCTIONAL files are not added at all, and if someone is submitting files from vx sites and expect them to be added in the next update, well... Eset's reaction time to real threats endangering our clients is very quick, there are many threats when Eset adds detection by a signature as first.

Since everything has been said, the thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.