NOD 32/ Spysweeper

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bobba, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

well that only half of the cake, detection.
    what good does it do when it cannot remove the infection ?
    some of todays spyware infections are extremely difficult to remove
    using rootkit technologies etc, not to mention that the infections are often combinations of different forms of malware, trojans, hijackers, spyware, backdoors, keyloggers can all be acquired to your machine in a single drive by install

spy sweeper is very good in removing things too
    thats about the best feature of the newest release. the removal engine

i really agree that nod32 is very good in prevention of spyware.. now if something should get pass it ( depending on the user habits, but sometimes something will eventually get pass it ) , spy sweeper can make the difference

not to mention a whole lot cheaper :D

2. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Yup... fortunately I haven't had anything nasty pop up since I've had SS that needed cleaning, so couldn't comment on it. It has done a good job detecting and preventing a few things from infecting a couple of my computers.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I agree with you there...I do hold SS as the best out there. The free trial is on my USB thumbdrive as part of my "bag of tricks" for when I have to sit down at some heavily infected machines. It is a bit slow though, kinda bogs things down. But for several reboots or several days until the machine is clean...it's a necessary thing.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

bs259

Your question is here. The title is "Trial version of Spysweeper".

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

off-topic a little - but I've got the end of a cleanup and wondered - wouldn't it have been easier to reinstall the OS clean? At least once a month I have a 2-3 day cleanup job that I wonder that about... even though SS and NOD32 between them do the bulk of the work, it's the odd little things that they CAN'T handle between them that often takes the longest to find... last of which was a messed up registry - and registrycleaner was the solution - so it's now added as an addition 'must do' cleanup step...

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

rnfolsom

Your post is located here and is titled "Over-protected?".
    It is a topic all it's own.

7. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Just a short note. Nod32 V2 and Spysweeper (always latest version) have existed happily on my computer since May last year (2005). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.