NOD 32 Incompatible with Hide My IP 2008

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bhather, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhather

bhather Registered Member

NOD 32 Developers,

I have been using Hide My IP 2008 for about a year now and wanted to replace my Kaspersky Anti Virus with a new virus scanner and security software (NOD 32) because I heard that yours was the best. Unfortunantly each time I install it and restart my computer and have Hide My IP installed at the same time, my Internet disconnects. The only way to get my Internet working again is to uninstall NOD 32 smart security.

Hide My IP 2008 can be found here:
    h[I]tt[/I]p://www.hide-my-ip.com/hidemyip.shtml

Please fix this bug in NOD 32!

Thanks,

Andy

2. bhather

I just wanted to add that I have confirmed this issue with NOD 32 Antivirus 3.0.667.0 on XP Home SP 3 32-bit and Vista Home SP 1 32-bit.

Andy

3. bhather

I finally got some good news, there is a way to turn off a part of NOD 32's security and get Hide My IP 2008 working, here is what you need to do: (I got this from the hide my ip support):

1. Click on the NOD 32 icon in the task tray.
    2. Go to "Setup"
    3. Go to "Enter entire advanced setup tree"
    4. Go to "Antivirus and antispyware" > "Web access protection" > "HTTP" and uncheck the box "Enable HTTP checking".
    5. Click OK and their internet access should be restored.
    6. If this does not fix the issue, you must uninstall NOD 32 or Hide My IP 2008 to get your Internet working again.

4. JoeBingo

JoeBingo Registered Member

In the OP, you refer to an issue with NOD32 and "Hide My IP". Yet, you say, "The only way to get my Internet working again is to uninstall NOD 32 smart security.

You do realize that ESET NOD32 and ESET Smart Security are two distinct and different applications, right "Andy"? I wonder if you actually have either installed and continuously active on your computer.

Interestingly, your screen name, "bhather", happens to be an obvious reference to "Hide My IP's" LV2 Tech Support representative, Brent Hather. Yet, you call yourself "Andy". Strange.

If you are in fact Brent Hather, I also find it interesting that you post in the third person, so to speak, when you say that "here is what you need to do: (I got this from the hide my ip support)", when YOU are in fact, Hide MY IP's Tech Support. Weird.

Nevertheless, thank you for your "good news" temporary fix. The problem is, the workaround in effect, disables ESET Internet Security protection against viral and malware activity. Therefore, for my own peace of mind, this "temporary fix" is unacceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.