Nod 32 doesn´t let me connect to Internet.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by robotics, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robotics

robotics Guest

I used Mcaffe without any problem, but I heard that NOD32 was the best, so I unistalled it and installed an evaluation version of NOD 32 XP. Since then I can´t use Internet ( I can stablish connection, but I can´t navigate nor download anything nor read my email, nor update my antivirus ).

This has happened to me in 2 PCs, first a Pentium 3 XP SP 1 and later in a Pentium 4 XP SP 2. Finally, I unistalled it and returned to Mcafee.

Has anybody any solution, please ? Thaks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Are you using the McAfee firewall?

3. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

NOD 32 don't block your connection to the net..... some firewall is blocking it......

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

have you tried the inbuilt network settings fix, and the winsock fix? Once you've checked your firewall (see the posts above), and the in-built:

Control Center > IMON > Setup > Miscellaneous > Repair Now

and winsock fix:

See the bottom of:

http://www.nod32usa.com/nod32-antivirus-faqs/faqs/1125153599.html

Then try to connect - if you're still having problems, or even if you're not, let us know.

(Both LSP and Winsock are most likely unclean UNINSTALLS of other product - NOT from installing NOD32)...

hth

Greg

5. robotics

robotics Guest

I forgot to say that I use Zone Alarm Pro 5.5 as a firewall, whit default options, and it didn´t give me any problem when I used Mcafee antivirus and AVG antivirus.

And that I used default options in NOD 32.

6. robotics

robotics Guest

And of course, I have activated all NOD 32 access in Zone Alarm Pro 5.5 ( Access, Server and Send Email ) for trusted and Internet.

7. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I would recommend you to use WinsockFix to solve your problem.

8. robotics

robotics Guest

Thaks. I have solved the problem using WinsockFix, and now I can connect to Internet and navigate and download files.

But since I installed NOD 32 I can´t connect mi LAN as it was: the Pentium 4 XP SP 2 Mcaffee can´t see the Pentium 3 XP SP 1 NOD 32; the Pentium 4 Mcafee connection says it has limited connection or null ( the Pentium 3 NOD 32 doesn´t say anything ).

And before using Winsock Fix this problem continues. Some times the Pentium 3 has been able to connect to the Pentium 4, but normally it doesn´t. As my Pentium 3 has dual start ( XP SP 1 and SP 2 ), I have started with Pentium 3 XP SP 2 Mcafee, and then the Pentium 4 has recognized the Pentium 3 without any problem.

I have selected " repair connection " many times, but Windows says it can repair it. Any solution, please ?.

9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

run winsock repair on the McAfee installation and the dual boot machine with the McAfee installation - then go through the configure network again - tell each machine which workgroup you have, etc, then reboot.

10. robotics

robotics Guest

I have run Winsock Fix in both PCs, but I still can´t connect my LAN: Pentium 3 SP 1 NOD 32 and Pentium 4 SP 2 Mcafee can´t see each other, although Pentium 3 SP 1 Mcafee and Pentium 4 SP 2 Mcafee can.

11. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi robotics:

This is not an NOD32 issue, but a computer specific issue (NetBIOS in this instance).

1. It may be easiest for you to remove TCP/IP on one or both machines and re-install.

or

2. NetBIOS over TCP/IP should be enabled (not the default setting) and then set back to see if the issue resolves itself (or left as enabled and not default).

Attached Files:

• wins.jpg
      wins.jpg
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
  12. robotics

robotics Guest

I have " enabled NetBios over TCP / IP " in both PC´s, but the LAN still doesn´t work.

13. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

That was 1 of the steps. How about the other? In addition, adding another protocol may also fix it.

14. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Can you ping the other computer by IP address and get replies....
    if so
    Can you ping the other computer by computer name and get replies...
    if so
    Can you do a "Search for Computers" in Network Places, enter the other computers name, and find it?

If WinXP firewall is enabled, make sure File and Printer sharing is allowed as an exception. Or if you're running some third party software firewall, double check the setup to see that your local IP scope is allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.