NOD 32 blocks live chat

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rogervernon, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

I've had this problem for some time, where a live chat forum is blocked by NOD32.

Following advice I have set everything to higher compatibility and then carried out the repair winsock process. I can then use the live chat (driven with Adobe Flash). Great - until I look at IMON and find it's unloaded!
    I re-load IMON, restart the PC and again find the live chat blocked!
    WTF?

I'm going to try a couple of other AV to see if the problem re-occurs.

2. rogervernon

OK - I've tried both Avast and Avira (free versions) and neither block the live chat.
    Avast has more featires and a nicer interface, so I'll give it a whirl and rest my paid for NOD32!:mad: :mad: :mad:

3. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

<scarcasm>
    If it's features and good looks you want why not install Norton?

Me, I'd rather have a good anti-virus program.

</scarcasm>

4. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Amen to that. I have a license for both NOD and [another AV product oft compared with NOD]. I love [other product], but im thinking I will return to NOD soon. [other product] has loads of cool features, but NOD just works. Without disrupting my system.

@rogervernon - make sure your browser is set to "compatibility mode" in IMON compatibility settings. Failing that, is there somewhere you can add the site to an exclusion list?

Matt

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

but you'll lose the better protection which NOD gives

@ rogervernon

Disable/Unload IMON . This will not descrese your protection because AMON is the most important part of your protection :thumb:

6. rogervernon

Yes - but - it shouldn't be necessary to disable parts of an anti-virus to access perfectly normal internet functions!

It's got to be a result of NOD32 working at winsock level, surely? Every time I repair winsock it unloads IMON!

All programs requiring internet access are on higher compatibility and the site in question was on the exclude list.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't undestand what's wrong with this. It's like if you uninstall a program and then wonder why it's not listed among installed programs ;)
    Could you provide us with a link to that chat? As a workaround you might use a differeny browser just for the chat which will be excluded in IMON.

8. rogervernon

Hi, Marcos,

The chat room is on a members site run by Infopop on behalf of the Clarice Cliff Collectors Club.
    To enter the chat room one must be a member, which I am. I'm reluctant to post on an open forum my user name & password:D
    If possible may I email you the details?
    Thanks,
    Roger

rogervernon@hotmail.com

BTW The problem is the same with Firefox2, IE7 & Opera9, so using a different browser is not a solution!

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Roger, please send the details in a Private Message to Marcos and ESET will investigate and provide you with an appropriate solution.

Cheers :D

10. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Wow are you sure it's NOD blocking your live chat and note something else, surprsingly I've used or been onto different live chat sites including Skype and let me rest assure that NOd32 has never blocked it, are you sure its not your firwall blocking it.

11. rogervernon

P.M. duly sent to Marcos.

Thanks.

Roger

12. rogervernon

Just a "bump"

13. rogervernon

Has there been any progress on this, please?

14. rogervernon

Has this issue been addressed in ESS final?

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , we don't know . But ... v3 is different than v2 , it has no IMON (nothing stuck in the Winsock layer) . The web-protection is the acting as a "local proxy" . Try it yourself with the Release candidate versions from www.eset.eu/download/beta

Uninstall your current v2 , install v3 of either the Security Suit or the Antivirus . Plase , let us know the result :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

16. rogervernon

OK - will do - Thanks

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

18. rogervernon

I've tried the last beta of the v3 antivirus and with ANY element of web protection enabled, this chat room is STILL blocked.
    If I disable the web protection it may be accessed normally!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.