Nod 32 blocks legit web sites for no good reason.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cookiebun, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiebun

cookiebun Registered Member

I am getting seriously irritated with this program and now regret buying it again.

How do I get this thing to stop blocking what I know to be legit web sites?
    It gives me no option to enable it for even a few minutes.
    I should not have to disable this program's services and reboot the computer simply to access what I know to be a legit site.

This program used to be a tweaker's delight. Now it's a massive irritation. :thumbd:

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello cookiebun

I can't imagining that Eset should block websites without a reason.(every websites can be compromised, and the best way will always be to stop malware before it have a chance to hit your system.) But if you will, you can always send Eset a note about the website(s )that you think has been wrongfully blocked. All you have to do is to follow the instructions from the knowledge base: How do I submit a virus, website or potential false positive sample to ESET's lab?

Regards, Janus

3. cookiebun

cookiebun Registered Member

I shouldn't have to do that.
    The program should wait until something malicious hits my hard drive or ram.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

because it scans every page you visit is why it does not wait till it hits the system its the web scanner detecting the sites.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET keeps their users safe from websites known to host malware so that they are protected even in case malware is updated and is not yet detected by other scanners.
    If you think that a particular website was blocked in error, report it to ESET as per the instructions here.

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Well, If that is what you want then you would have to disable the web protection, wich really isn't recommended since the web protection is a very strong and important part in ESET's products.

So instead of turning off your web protection, I would recommend you to report the URLs to ESET so they can take another look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.