NOD 3.0 hang Outlook express & corrupt inbox

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by peterpoonkf, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterpoonkf

peterpoonkf Registered Member

Since I have upgraded my NOD32 AV 2.7 to NOD32 3.0 (684), I have encountered problems when receiveing mail from POP3 account, the mail can not be download correctly from POP server.

I'm using W2K workstatiion and Outlook Express version 6 with mail directory store in a network drive.

I notice that a 'temp" folder has been created under "trash" folder and then disappeared frequently and mails are download into that folder first for scaning before move to inbox (guess), the problem is after received several mails (no matter the mail's size, with attachment or not) Outlook Express return with error and then the mail remain in the inbox become blank, every retry reported same errors.

I have tried to change the Outlook Express POP "idle" time limit to Max, but still failed.

I have tried to move back the mail folders to local HDD, problems gone, seems the relavently slow network drive cause the problem. But I need to store the mail folders under network drive as my company rules.

Need help !

Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.