NOD 2.50 and Windows XP

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Phil_S, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

OK, I mentioned this a while back and got no responses...

Running XP SP2 without fast user switching. If NOD starts a scheduled scan when any limited user is logged on, that user is unable to log off until the scan has completed, even though the scan runs as a system task and supposedly independent of any user.

This never used to happen with previous versions of NOD, so I assume something has (perhaps unintentionally) changed. It's a bit of a pain when you have to wait nearly 2 hours before you can use the machine because someone else is logged in and a full scan has just started :(

Has no-one else noticed this?

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

This happened to me with earlier versions of 2.50. I never had a problem with it in 2.12 or 2.13.

However, I just tested it with 2.50.25, and it seems to work fine. I can logoff at will, and when I log back on, the scan is still running. Limited user, too. It looks like it is fixed to me. Which version of 2.50 are you running now?

3. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I'm running 2.50.25 too. I know it never happened with the 2.1x versions, but I've suffered from it ever since NOD upgraded to 2.50.

Maybe I need to try a clean install, as I got 2.50.25 by a component upgrade.

Thanks for your reply :)

4. akshay_k72

akshay_k72 Registered Member

I am running a trial version (2.50.19) on one of my machines. But yes, I too faced a similar problem. Sorry I dont have any experience of 2.12 or 2.13 versions as I have very recently started using NOD32.

Cheers

Akshay.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

With this issue can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread.

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

Cheers :D

6. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I've sent an email to that friendly Mr. Coot :D

Will keep you updated.

Cheers :)

7. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Flattery will get you everywhere Mr. S ( :D )

Well I set up a scheduled scan and set it to kick off a few minutes later, logged out as the admin., logged back in as a guest with limited privileges, fiddled around for a few minutes, logged off as the guest without any problems, logged back in as an admin. and found the command line scan was happily scanning away as scheduled. This was on a laptop with XP, SP2, NOD32 2.50.25. So I can't really find an issue to report to our developers I'm afraid. Not suggesting that your issue doesn't exist of course, just that I can't replicate it.

Bandicoot. :doubt:

8. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

Just an update on this.

The ever helpful Bandicoot has tried replicating my problem, but not been able to come up with anything, so I will keep looking for another cause as and when I find the time.

I have discovered since my last post though, that if I hold down the Ctrl key when logging off, it seems to force a log off when the machine otherwise refuses to act on my instructions.

Unfortunately this does still sometimes cause a running scan to terminate at the same time. Yet other times it continues regardless, as it should.

All very strange, but as I've discovered how to force a log off I guess I can live with it.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Sometime the only fix is a complete reinstall of Windows after formatting... I had a system in yesterday where Nod32 was stuck on the splash screen, tried a Winsock Repair, uninstalling and reinstalling, same with ZoneAlarm, to no avail. Went back to a previous image and everything was back to normal…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.