Nobody can run your products

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by devshb, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devshb

devshb Registered Member

99.9% of potential acronis customers would want to try the trial version before paying out for the paid version, just to see if the software works. Once it's proved as working, 99% of people would most likely buy it.

The problem is that the trial version simply won't install due to the "Unable to register" bug on 1000's of pcs. I've gone through the forum and:
    1) It seems to me that almost everyone is having this problem; there are 1000's of messages about it.
    2) I can't see anything from support which mentions whether or not there are any plans to fix the bug
    3) I have no idea if the same problem will happen with the paid version; it scares me that if I have to jump through hoops with emails and private messages and forum-trawling just to be able to do an install of the default trial version, then what hope do I have for the paid version working if I decide to buy it?
    4) If the download link doesn't work properly, then why offer to private-message people who ask for a valid version? Why not change the download link on the site to use the file that actually works? It's very odd.
    5) I'd personally rather there wasn't a free trial if it doesn't work; I'd rather just try the paid version instead of spending a day trawling the forum etc trying to get a workable link. I'm a developer, and I sell software, and if I had the approach that acronis had on this I would have gone out of business years ago.
    6) If something as basic as the installation of the trial version not installing on most pc's is not being dealt with, then what sort of damage might the paid software do if there's that lack of testing by acronis?
    7) If I hadn't got an "it's good; try it" advice from someone who I work with then I wouldn't be perservering and I would have gone off and bought something else instead. How many customers are Acronis losing due to this bug?

If "disable your firewall" is acronis' advice of how to get it to install, then what does that tell you about Acronis' security related products? that's the really scary part.

I was advised by an existing acronis customer to buy this product, but the problems I've had with the trial version, and the lack of fix on-the-way for that problem, and the lack of a proper response from support scares the life out of me to be honest.

Can support give a public answer to the scary aspect of the lack of adequate response so far?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello devshb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that as I said in the PM the trial version of Acronis Home and Home Office products with the registration screen was created for the statistics purposes. We have received few reports from other customers regarding this issue. Please note that in most cases the issue was related with firewall setting. In other cases the investigation of the issue should be done on the computer that experienced this issue. Unfortunately, it is not always possible. Therefore, we decided to create a special version of the trial version that does not require registration during the installation. To obtain that link one could send us a Private Message or submit a request for technical support indicating that you would like to obtain the download link for the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that does not require the online registration.

Please also note that you will not have this issue with the full version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home since the full version does not require on-line registration or Internet connection. In order to install the full version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home you will only need the serial number.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.