No0b wants to remove CWS_NS3

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by crane, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crane

crane Registered Member

*puppy* Ok, i'm gonna try this. I have CWS_NS3, trojan. I have WinME. I've ran spysweep, adaware, Pestpatrol, highackthis, CWSShredder, and in safemode, out of safemode, on and on. Then i found spywareblaster, so here i am. Not being a Forum user, i'm pretty lost here. So, i hope if anybody has any ideas on how to deal with this i'll see some kind of reply here. I could post all the logs and running processes, if needed. Thanks again. This is my first REAL post in this forum.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi again crane. ;)

As i stated in your thread over here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43323

if u follow the link i posted, we no longer have Hijack cleaning services.

As in my opinion, the only way to clean CWS_NS3 is to post a log and get expert help, that link supplies many good sites for that purpose.

snowbound

3. not_a_geek

not_a_geek Guest

HEY ALL!!!
    After about 6 hours of working on that absolutely insane CWS_NS3 problem, I think I've figured out how to get rid of that bug. My computer got back to normal after I deleted all the three-letter subfolders in the Uninstall folder.
    You do this routine:
    First turn off your System Restore.
    Go to: Run_regedit_ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_Sofware_Microsoft_Windows__Current Version_Uninstall

In the Uninstall folder look for 3 letter subfolders (Example: IPT, FNT etc. Just look for the 3 letter subfolders) They are going to be THE ONLY 3 letter subfolders there. Delete them all.

Restart your computer. Run Ad-Aware, or some other Ad-killing software and delete all the remaining traces of viruses. Turn your System Restore back on... You're done.

E-mail me if it worked: ***worship777@juno.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.