No Weekly Scan initiating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kryspy, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

Okay,

I have been patient but now I have had it. The weekly scan I created using Blackspears setting has never fired on the set date and time.

I have used nod32 for going on 3 years now and have never had a problem so I assume this is a Vista related issue.

2.7 is supposed to be Vista compatible and I am using the final version so I don't want to hear about how it isn't going to be supported.... thank you :)

Kryspy

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried an uninstall and reinstall as described HERE?

Cheers :D

3. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

Yup,

Just followed those instructions and set up a scan to start at 8:42pm and no go..... so much for that.

Kryspy

4. Blackspear

Please post some screen shots of each stage of your scan settings, you can right click and edit the scheduled job to show you each stage.

5. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

They are the same settings i used and worked in 2.5 even in Vista with the hacks.

As I said I have used nod32 for years so I know how it works.

Kryspy

6. Ultravires

Ultravires Registered Member

Hey Kryspy, i am having the same problem using blackspears exact setup, he has 2 methods, the first one which i use this command line "/local /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+" when i use this one and set it to scan at a certain time and when the time comes, i do not see anything happening, no dialog box popups up and says it is scanning the system nor is nod32 using up any resources, however if i use the second method which is the Silent scan method, that one seems to work, however i do not get the dialog box letting me know it is scanning the system, but it does show nod32 using up my cpu resources at the scheduled scanning time.

7. Blackspear

You should also have a log generated at the end of the scan.

8. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

No scanning and no log generated.

This is unacceptable.

Update: Installed 2.7.23 today and still the same problem. We need some input from ESET here as I am not the only one having issues. As I said 2.5 worked fine and posting screenshots of every step of my install isn't going to help matters as I have done it a 1,000 times before.

Kryspy

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  9. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

See above post.

Kryspy

10. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

Is this not the official nod32 support forum?

I am a paying nod32 owner with a legitimate problem and no word from a ESET person at all.

The re-seller was very quick (less than 30 minutes) to respond to my license renewal but it has been going on 48 hours since I contacted him to request a refund...... what great service !!!!

Kryspy

11. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Frustrating isn't it, I emailed eset the other day and I still haven't had a response. :(

12. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

Yeah,

$31 dollars and I am asked to take screenshots to ensure I am not screwing up a pictured tutorial on how to set up nod32.

Very frustrating indeed.

Kryspy

13. Ultravires

Ultravires Registered Member

Yup, i also tried setting up a weekly scan using 2.70.23 with vista and the scheduled scanner is not working!!

14. Kryspy

Kryspy Registered Member

Problem solved !!!

Ok,

I received numerous responses from ESET last night and my problem has been solved.

It would seem that Blackspear's settings need to be modified to include an entry for the work directory like c:\program files\eset This is found in the section where you add a scheduled scan.

After I did this all is well and right clicking the task initiates it. The thing to keep in mind is they told me that in 2.7 this runs in silent mode only so you won't see a scan window pop up.

If you check your log file you will see one and it will say cleaning to let you know a scan is in progress.

Hope this helps everyone who is having the same problem as I did.

Kryspy

15. jordi.c

jordi.c Registered Member

Thank u for your reply!!!!

I had the same problem and it is now fixed :D

16. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Re: Problem solved !!!

Interesting I wasn't having this problem but didn't have the work folder setup - still corrected now just in case.

17. Blackspear

I have never required the working directory with XP, however Windows 98 requires this, as does Vista, so I'll change the Tutorial shortly, I've just completed 12 hours of changes, so that's enough for right now.

18. cdysthe

cdysthe Registered Member

I have the same problem. I actually figured out myself that I had to add the path to the program folder. However, I would like to be able to have the scan take place like it used to with a scan window opening showing the progress. Is that not possible anymore?

//C

19. Blackspear

It still does if you choose “NOD32 Kernel – Execution of an external application”.

20. cdysthe

No, it doesn't on my Windows Vista Ultimate installation. I have set the scheduled task up exactly as described in your settings postings, but the scan is running in the background. No window is showing up. This is my settings:

File:
    C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe

Work Directory
    C:\Program Files\ESET

Command Line:
    C:\ /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted /wrap+

Am I missing something obvious here?

21. Blackspear

At the beginning of setting up a scheduled scan (right click and edit it) have you chosen “NOD32 Kernel – Execution of an external application”?

What you are referring to is at the end of setting up a scheduled scan.

22. cdysthe

Yes, "NOD32 Kernel – Execution of an external application" is what I chose. I have double and triple checked everything, but I am still getting a silent scan.

23. Haabrann

Haabrann Registered Member

cdysthe is not alone in this, I'm having the exact same problem. Followed Blackspears settings to the exact letter, double checked everything but still getting only a silent scan in vista ultimate.

24. cdysthe

I still haven't found a solution to this. Good to see that it isn't me having my own little private problem.. :)

25. Blackspear

I'll see if I can have someone from Eset comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.