no usb mouse - boot disc with Dell Optiplex GX620

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yuanti, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuanti

yuanti Registered Member

If I boot with a True Image disc to create a backup I can not use the mouse. This system does not have any ps/2 ports, only usb.

I can get around with the keyboard but when I reach the screen for comments I'm not sure how to get out of the text field and to the buttons to make the backup.

Dell Optiplex GX620

2. tvwatcher

tvwatcher Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with my Dell E521, except I can't use the keyboard either (it's usb) if I boot to TI in normal mode - if I boot to safe mode, I can use the keyboard & mouse, but my usb external drive isn't detected, and that's where my backup image is located.

I've read of others having similar problems, and it seems that the common factor is the Dell computer.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What version of TrueImage are you using (Version number and build)?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello yuanti,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure that the bootable CD is created with the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you already use the latest build, please try the workaround described in this previous post of mine.

If the issue persists, please collect the information requested in the above post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tvwatcher,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please find my answer to your post here.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.