No updates since 12/12/13?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by HannieWan, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HannieWan

HannieWan Registered Member

I'm not sure if my SpywareBlaster has stopped working or if there really have been no updates since 12/12. I don't ever remember going this long w/o updates. I just want to know if something is wrong & if so, what do I do to fix it. I have 5.0. Not sure what else you need.......o_O

2. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello HannieWan & welcome to Wilders.

Going backwards in time, the last four approximate SpywareBlaster database updates were 12-12-2013, 10-10-2013, 9-20-2013 and 8-21-2013.

Analysis of the frequency and number of days between updates shows that no exact date nor number of days between updates can be predicted except that they are loosely about once per month.

HTH :)

3. HannieWan

HannieWan Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.........appreciate it.

I didn't realize that there have been month long stretches between updates, I guess maybe I just never noticed. I'm a real security freak & like to keep all my software updated.

Won't ask again.........now I know.

Happy New Year........:D

4. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Not to worry. This is how and where we learn. Season's greetings to you also. :)

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

A big database update is propagating now through our updating servers - if you check shortly you should receive it. :)

(Also, we've had many more database updates than listed by 1PW in that timeframe - if you only check once a month it'll just download all the latest updates/changes so you won't see the ones in between. Regardless - grab the latest database today!)

Thanks.

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

If you check over at the Avast forums (under General Topics section/Updates), you'll find that notices about SB updates, as well as those of many other products including some I'd consider competitors to Avast, are faithfully posted there. It's reliable and prompt enough that I no longer bother with Secunia and similar apps.

7. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

I joyfully stand corrected. :D Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.