No updates on weekends. Why?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Auren, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gas

Gas Registered Member

Interesting, (WTD) Working Time Directive and 48-hour working week

Old news November8,2006

"Attempts to reach an agreement on Europe's working time directive (48-hour working week) have failed following lengthy talks in Brussels between employment ministers.
    UK employers groups (CBI) and other European employers groups welcomed the news but European Trade Unions were unhappy."

All in favor of a 48-hour working week say IE
    All against say Mozilla

A little humor is good for the heart ;)

For nodees in Europe goodnight enjoy your Friday night,
    in Asia I hope you are having a nice time (partying)
    in USA good morning and good afternoon you'll soon get your Friday night beer

Cheers:thumb:

Excuse my ranting but I could not help it.

Admins, Mods this is completely out of context you are free to remove it if you so wish

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

No :)
    It means that, since you're not a ESET's customer, your samples have lower priority in the viruslab.
    As I understand it, the priority at adding signatures is as follow:
    - Customer samples through support (at) eset (dot) com.
    - VXers/malware hunters samples through samples (at) eset (dot) com if they're an important threat (mail worms, outbreaks, etc)
    Otherwise, ESET relies on their own sources of samples (honeypots, distributors/resellers, ThreatSense.NET, exchange with other AV companies and AV testers, etc)

3. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

HI,thanks for your reply.
    how to become a customer , only by showing my ID and password in the email ,so that they can tell who is the customer .to tell you the truth , I've a id & psw, its deadline is 8/1/2007 ,which comes from Version2(the agent of ESET in China), they sent the ID to me.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also samples from virus collectors have lower priority. Simply said, the point is to detect real malware. You cannot make the world perfect in 1 day nor 1 year, hence you must decide what to prioritize and what not.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, i was also submitting lots malware collected from real users infected by them. So i was automatically put on low priority just because i submit more garbage (malware) to you, even though malware was actually ITW among users, just maybe not in as large scale as Beagle/MyDoom/Safi bombardments... o_O?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you include information that the malware was actually found on infected computers it will be handled with higher priority. Without this info it's difficult to distingush between a virus collector and a reseller who submits more samples collected from clients' computers. Still, one should not expect that we will analyse thousands of samples within a couple of hours.

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

So much trouble for the user for a few virus submissions when other vendors do better with far less effort from the user....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.