No Updates after September 20

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Green Giant, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

My paid-for version of AVG Antispyware has not updated since September 20.

That is also the last date for new signatures shown on their web site, but I find this apparent lapse disturbing as we have been here before!

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Probably taking time off over the weekend :).

3. blueoysterdvp

blueoysterdvp Registered Member

Same here and I agree!

When is the last time a moderator has responded in here?

Spyware doesn't sleep!One of the companys uses that phrase.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: What? It has let you guys down, down again ? I used to raise my voices(by typing in CAPITALS), but luckily not any more, because it has been EVICTED ! Now I can not spot any trace of this app in my box, yes not a single footprint. As a result, I am able to redirect my energy to other more meaningful tasks, and sleep well at night. Guys, is this type of torture worthy? There are tons of competitive rivals out there, perhaps it is time for changing guard. Take care.

5. blueoysterdvp

You've got me thinking.My paid Subscription is good til March.The AVG AS Interface shows a RED exclamation point with the message"Your Computer Is At Risk!, Last update 9-20 2007.

How ironic their program is warning me of their screw up!:thumbd:

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Blue, do you have a logfile.txt as well as an error.txt in the program files?

Reason I ask is I have emailed asking for an explaination as to why there have been no updates.

I received the standard "what error message do you get" and "how do you connect to the internet" questions. They asked for me to send the above files.

As I have sent the error.txt before with no resulting comment from them, I am afraid I told them only my version number, what message I get when I try to update, and enclosed a link to this thread.

7. blueoysterdvp

I'm trying to send those files to them now,but I keep getting a server error message.I'm getting the No Update Available message when I try to manual update.Seems this just keeps going around in circles stapp.

Just got the automated response,they just got my message.I'll post anything I get from them.I have a feeling I'll get the same scripted response you got.I sent them ALL the info!It went through 4 times.I guess their server was working even though the error message appeared.Typical Grisoft!

8. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Well, we must have stirred them up a bit, an update just arrived!

9. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

FWIW no updates since 20 Sept. here as well. Paid version with renewal
    August 2008 !
    Error.txt not very enlightening: "Creating snapshot for module enumeration failed., Value: 00000008, Position: .\ProcessInformation.cpp, 274"
    There is an entry for the same thing every day - so can't have anything to do with failed updates.

Yes, 884100 just arrived - thanks stapp.

10. blueoysterdvp

Getting that same Error.txt.and the updates did arrive finally.I've been getting that Error txt.since it went to 7.5.1.43.

11. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

First of all, sorry for the inconvenience. Few days ago we had a bad hardware failure in one of our update Servers that causes this update Problems.
    The update works again, so you should be able to update your AVG Anti-Spyware.

A Information about the error log:

If you have entries like these
    Error: [CProcessInformation]: Creating snapshot for module enumeration failed., Value: 00000008, Position: .\ProcessInformation.cpp, 274

Error: [CConnectionInformation]: Creating snapshot for module enumeration failed., Value: 00000008, Position: .\ConnectionInformation.cpp, 227
    These can be ignored and because it has nothing to do with the updater.

12. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thank you for telling us that the error txt entries have nothing to do with the updater.

What DO these error txt messages mean?

13. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Hi,

This messages should have just been log messages and not error messages.

They're not critical and just related to the Process Viewer and Connection Viewer. They're not related to the Update or any other component. This error should be found on many systems.

The logmessage is just too verbose + in the wrong severity level.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.