NO Uninstall in C:Ewido Folder Need Help

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by zadie, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zadie

zadie Registered Member

C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0
    There is no uninstall in this above folder and I need to uninstall all of Ewido to be able to download AVG 8.
    I really need help on how to get rid of it.
    I have read further advice on internet about going into Registry Keys and don't understand a word of it, so practical advice for a PC user and not a techie (which I'm not) is what I would like please.
    Many Thanks
    Zadie:doubt: o_O

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

You can try to reinstall the old ewido Software over your old Installation.
    If you cannot find your Setup of this old ewido Version, you can try this download site:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antispyware/1208/
    On the right side, in the green box, you see also other available Versions of the old ewido Software.
    Download the Setup for the old ewido Version you want to uninstall, but you should check which Version is currently installed on your System.

Before running the setup, close all open ewido Windows and processes. Also if they run in the System Tray.

Then after the installation of the old ewido Version, please restart Windows. After the Restart you should find the uninstall.exe in the Installation folder of the ewido Software. Run this file to start the uninstallation process for the ewido Software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.