No task for this client

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by univision, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. univision

univision Registered Member

We just installed ESET at one of our client sites, 23 machines.
    They ran fine for a few weeks and then suddenly 13 of them lost their ESET usernames and passwords. The ERA console shows them all failing to update, invalid username and password.

That is frustrating enough. Now I can't push out config files to any of them. I created an xml with the ERA server name, username and password and I follow the instructions on this page exactly:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2204&act=RATE&impressions=false&newguid=050019703f25dac1012e7285c3de007fd2

The task immediately fails with "no task for this client" on each of the clients. If I do it individually, rather than a batch of clients, it does the same thing.

This started three days ago and already one of the PCs that is not updating has a fakeav virus.

Any ideas about what the problem is here?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

If the clients are reporting into ESET Remote Administrator (ERA), by default they are assigned the default primary clients policy. You can use ERA's Policy Manager feature to edit clients configurations. In ERA Clients tab, the Policy Name field displays the name of the policy assigned to a client. You should verify that the client's policy has the appropriate update information.

Please review the following ESET knowledgebase article:

What is the ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) Policy Manager and how does it work?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN962

Additionally, you can password protect client configuration parameters to prevent end-users from updating their configurations (ESET Smart Security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus > ESET Kernel > Setup > Protect setup parameters).

3. univision

univision Registered Member

I've done this and they are all blank, no ERA server name, no username and no password. They had them at one time and everything was working fine. That information has simply disappeared. That's one thing I'd really like to understand so that it doesn't happen again.

I changed the default policy and now they're all reporting in with "bad link to update server". I've verified that I put the right server name in. I have no idea what that means and I haven't got time to try and figure it out. To say that the client is unhappy is putting it very mildly.

At this point I can't mess with it any longer, I've been working on this all day. I'm going to drive out there and manually re-enter that information in to all of their work stations. This experience isn't exactly warming us or the client up to ESET.

4. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

To assist you with quickly resolving this issue, please contact ESET Customer Care for further assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.