No tags in Microsoft Outlook Express

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I have found a lot of posts about this topic already, but I still can't seem to get it to work.
    I'm using v2.7 with Outlook Express 6 and I have set the EMON module to add tags to all incoming and outgoing mail, but it simply doesn't work. I know that IMON also checks incoming mail, but I just can't figure out why the tags aren't added in OE. Thoughts anyone?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

Please , reinstall your version of NOD32 v2.7

1. Download fresh new Eset NOD32 v2 from http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php
    2. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Delete manually:
    - C:\Program files\Eset

5. Reinstall NOD32 using the file you just downloaded . Use typical install.

6. After reboot , update the product

Now try again with your default settings

3. Stijnson

Might another solution also be just rebooting after altering the e-mail scan settings in NOD32? My default settings were 'only tag infected mail'. I changed that to 'tag all mail' and then started OE again? This didn't work, but perhaps a reboot is needed to kick the changes into effect?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Of course , you can try this but if it doesn't help , just do what I suggested :thumb:

5. Stijnson

I will try that as an ultimate solution. Btw, I'm using the Dutch version of 2.70.32 (as I understand it the update to 2.70.39 was rather a 'graphical' one).
    Just two additional questions:

-I assume by this you mean updating the definitions?

-Although NOD32 doesn't add the tags at the moment I still can depend on it scanning all incoming and outgoing mail?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Not exactly .

Yes , this is what I mean .

Yes :thumb:

7. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Source; http://www.eset.com/support/news.php

May 18, 2007

NOD32 for Microsoft Windows has been updated to v2.70.39. This release fixes a stack overflow vulnerability which could allow arbitrary code execution.

May 9, 2007

NOD32 for Microsoft Windows has been updated to v2.70.37. This release contains the following changes:

• Fix for stack overflow vulnerability which could allow arbitrary code execution.
    • Added new command line option "/ALL-". When NOD32's command line scanner is run with the /ALL- switch, it will scan files based on their extensions, as opposed to scanning all files on the target.

8. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

I might be wrong, but I thought in OE, IMON is responsible for tagging.
    I'm no expert, but EMON is an MS outlook plugin only at least.... that's what i thought...

Greetings from a rainy Holland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.