No signature file updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by maddox91, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddox91

maddox91 Registered Member

Hi!
    I am running ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.40.0 on a couple of computers in a small local network. The computers are 4 Windows XP machines and 1 Windows SBS 2008 server.

The problem I have is that NOD32 does not update its virus signature database on the Windows XP machines. When reviewing the event log in ESET Remote Administrator Console I see that the Windows SBS 2008 server receives all updates, and that the signature file us up to date. But the Windows XP machines only receives program module updates, and the signature file is outdated. I have tried to update the signature files both via remote administrator and manually on the machines, both with no luck.

The update sequence initiates and starts downloading. But then it completes without updating anything, then tells me that the signature database is up to date. When checking the dates of the signature file currently on the machines (4972), I see that its dated sometime in March. The signature file currently on the Windows SBS 2008 is 5374. All the machines are in the same network.

I have yet to find a solution to this problem, and I hope you can give me some useful feedback.

Sincerely,

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Are your clients updating from the internet or have you set up a local mirror on the server? If internet-updates, are there any firewalls in the way?

Jim

3. maddox91

The clients are set up to update from the internet. However the SBS server set up in the same local network recieves signature updates, the clients do not. The local network is protected by an Astaro firewall, but seeing as the SBS server manages to get updates, I do no believe thats where the problem lies.

Sincerely,

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In order to troubleshoot this kind of update issues, we'll need to get the following for perusal:
    - EAV configuration (export it to an xml via Tools -> Import/Export settings)
    - *.dat files from the ESET install folder
    - the content of the "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\ESET\%PRODUCT_NAME%\Updfiles"

Please compress the stuff to an archive, put your nick to its name, upload it somewhere and PM me the link.

5. maddox91

Thank you.
    I will start getting these files, but the users of the computers are currently using them for work. I will not be able to remote control them until a little later, so bear with me please.

Sincerely,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.