No server and clients in ERAC

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dalarcon, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalarcon

dalarcon Registered Member

Hello everybody,

I have a simple problem.
    I have a network with 5 windows XP SP2 and one server Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2.
    All my pcs got ESS 3.0.650 and my server "server" got ESS 3.0.650, ERAS Server and ERAC.

The problem is that in ERAC, in the pane Server and in client pane there is error message "No data in this pane".

When i look at File/Edit connections, it says "localhost:2223" is connected, era.exe is running, if i do netstat -n, i can see era.exe is listening on port 2223.

I have look in ESS of my server (in firewall configuration) and i can see that "era.exe" on port 2221, 2222,2223 ... is allowed and connected.

But there is still "No data in this pane" in server pane. The tittle of ERAC 's windows is "Connected(server)".

So what is wrong ? why there is nothing in server pane (i understand there is nothing in client pane's as i have done no push installation) ?

Ps: in documentation, they say that "era client must be installed in machine where era server is running". How i check if era client is installed ? If not, how can i install it ?

Thanks for everybody who tries to answers me

David,
    IT technician

2. adlantec

adlantec Registered Member

Have you set up the clients to connect to the ERA server?

You can do that in the client settings under "Remote Administration". Just enter the server-name, the port and the update interval. As soon as the first client connects to the server, you will have the server and the client(s) in ERAC...

You have to manually tell every client to connect to the server either by changing the abovementioned settings or by pushing an installation package with the correct settings to the clients.

Hope that helps...
    André

3. dalarcon

dalarcon Registered Member

It works !!!! Thanks you very much

For everyboy, i explain what i did:
    In one of my network's pcs, i went in ESET Smart security main windows. Thent i went in configuration/Advanced Configuration (or stryke F5 on main windows), then in the left options bar, in "Others", in pane "remote administration", i have check "connect to remote administration server" and write my server's name in DNS format.

I have waited some minutes and then my client AND my server appears in the main windows.

I just have to do it in each pc and then, it will be allright.

Again, thanks you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.