No Script - What is on your blacklist?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mattdocs12345, Feb 11, 2015.

1. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

So I am new to the idea of blacklist on no script. Please copy and paste your blacklist.

2. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

I've tried to use NoScript before, but never really pushed ahead with it long enough to get a proper understanding of how to use it on a daily basis without compromising web functionality and enjoyment (eg: I love the internet, but really... isn't too many restrictions, just too many...)

Might give it another shot.

3. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

I use default deny and only allow a few sites on the whitelist with the rest of the internet on the blacklist. I grant temporary permissions as needed and only whitelist sites I use regularly that need scripting.

Noscript has a default whitelist that includes Google and a few other common sites. The Scriptkeeper extension I use with Opera Presto has no default list and I have whitelisted very few sites. I find that most sites work fine without javascript. For example, I have news.google.com on the whitelist but not gstatic.com which formats Google News nicely but keeps out some drop down menus I find annoying. I just clicked on two articles from the science section. One from the Washington post has a total of 29 scripts blocked but still displays fine with all the pictures displayed and the text formated nicely. The other from ABC news has a total of 61 scripts blocked with many from outside domains. Once again, the article is properly formated with all pictures displayed. Just to see what happens, I temporarily allowed all scripts to execute on the Washington Post article. The basic content stayed the same as well as the formatting but I had a long list with pictures of other articles in the Washignton Post at the bottom of the page. And CPU use shot up noticeably with JS enabled on the page. Allowing all scripts required two passes because some of the scripts allowed in the first pass loaded new ones, all from domains other than Washingtonpost.com or its subdomains.

For a true blacklist of bad domains, I have the MVPS hosts file installed. This is much deeper than at the browser level. I've tried to format MVPS so I can dump it in my router but the firmware I have doesn't allow such a big list and I have to do it in small chunks which is way too time consuming.

4. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Too long to paste the list. 500 domains.

Attached Files:

5. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

I knew I forgot something. I really want to disable DNS Client Windows Service and replace it with MVPS. Thanks for reminding me MisterB!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.