No Script Equivalent for IE ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by LoneWolf, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I breifly tried Firefox w/no script, which I liked but was having trouble installing other things I needed with FF such as flash and java. Needless to say some websites I frequent did not load or work as planned. :(
    I will try again as I did like the look and feel of FF. But my question is.....Does anyone know of a script blocker like NoScript but for IE ?
    I wish there was a version of NoScript that worked with IE but I know there is not. I don't know why the developer of NoScript would limit it to FF but then again theres a lot I don't know. Script Defender and Script Sentry seam to be out of date and i've read in these forums about some members having trouble with one or the other. So anyone know of a decent one for ie o_O

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Unless there is more to NoScript than what I read, is it not the same as tightening IE's Internet Zone and then utilizing IE's Trusted Zone for your trusted web sites :doubt:

3. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Remember, that these products do not deal with web-based scripts, which by default are interpreted by the browser.

See the Malicious Scripts thread for discussion.

----
    rich

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

There's more than one way to skin a cat. I use ZAP's mobile code control to block flash (which is active X), Java applets, scripts etc, but I'm sure other FWs or routers have the same feature.

As explained above, this blocks code in web sites while you surf, whereas Script Sentry etc only block scripts running from your HD., which is not the same thing.

Attached Files:

5. RedZero

RedZero Registered Member

6. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

If you use the IE shell Sleipnir, you can turn off JavaScript, Java and ActiveX for all sites except those you choose by setting the security setting in the advanced settings of the bookmark. You can apply the security setting to a folder full of bookmarks so that all bookmarks added to that folder from then on will have the same setting. You can also toggle them on or off per tab with the switch on the status bar. Sleipnir also has a URL action filter to set security settings based on keywords in the URL.

7. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

why don't you just use sandboxie or similar.

You don't loose any functionality and yet are protected.

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

The problem with IE's trusted zone is, at least in Vista due to no Local zone unlike in XP, that trusted zone has almost no effect, active scripting has to be enabled in Internet zone otherwise, it will not work in the trusted zone. So adding a webpage to trusted sites will not help and makes zones quite useless. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.