No RoboForm Exploits...?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Snook, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snook

Snook Registered Member

I find it hard to believe that RoboForm has never been mentioned (or has even made the weekly/monthly/by-product list for that matter) over at Secunia.

No mention ever of any vulnerability to RoboForm. It's never been compromised? With it's popularity, purpose and the fact it is able to make network connections, I am truly surprised.:eek:

What of these weekly updates? Is this due to the various browsers that RoboForm is compatable...? I never seem to be able to get a change log...? Ummmm...o_O

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

What's Roboform?

3. Snook

Snook Registered Member

RoboForm is a form filler, ie., for filling forms on websites, logins and passwords, etc. - Standalone/plug-in for IE, FF and various other browsers.

4. because

because Guest

Because Keepass and Password safe are so much better, and free open source too. ;) :D

If not open source, it could have a backdoor of some kind and you would never know.

Why pay over inflated prices when others are better and free?

5. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Well Roboform does have a free version. I've tried it and found it pretty nice, except that I had to reinstall my browser and have not put it back yet.

I would say that the thing going for Roboform is just the thing Snook brought up. A very good track record. Good enough that I could believe there are no backdoors. I like the concept of open source. For a program like this, however, it might be just as well that its code is not made available for purusal.

Roboform's free version is fine for me, since I am the only one using this computer. All I can speculate about the no exploits record is that there are easier ways to compromise a computer than to take on double encryption. On the other hand use of keyloggers seems to be more dangerous than ever before do to rootkits ect...which sways me to believe that Robo-risk << keylogger risk.

They are all free as far as I am concerned. Robo's track record is good. Proven technology or open technology? If the others are better, how so? Stronger encryption? A) no exploit will be based on breaking strong encryption, and B) really strong encryption is usually limited by the sites and software, not the capability of the encryption scheme. Microsoft (these guys never cease to amaze!) Money software was free so i looked at it. it would only allow a 6 character password for online bank account access! I'm careless, even reckless, but I do have some amount of common sense. Enough said.

-HandsOff

6. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I knew what RoboForm was. That was my point. No one is going to write a virus specifically for an application that hardly anyone uses. There is no glory in that.

7. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

It's a low percentage program for sure, but I'm guessing that there is what some people would consider a large number of users. Considering that the prize would be access to creditcard information and passwords, I'm guessing if there were a way to do it someone would.

Anyone use Roboform with Firefox? I'm not using IE very much anymore. I'm not sure if the firefox version is any good. I'll check it out sooner or later.

- HandsOff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.