No option to submit for analysis on 'Threat Found' popup

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by harryz, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryz

harryz Registered Member

Aloha,

When trying to view a web site, ESS popped up an 'Alert' window (see attachment for screen shot). The text in the window advises me to submit the file for analysis. There are two options listed:

- Delete
    - No Action

Neither one says whether or not it will submit the file for analysis or if it will save it somewhere for me to manually submit it later. I do have the Advanced Option of 'Submit for Analysis' checked.

I'm certainly not going to choose the 'No Action', but will 'Delete' save the file in quarantine and submit it for me?

NOTE: I'm not worried about getting infected as I chose 'Delete', I am reporting this as a somewhat unclear security Alert from ESS.

Environment: ESS v5.0.95.0, Virus signature databse 7159 (20120522); Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit; IE9; all available Microsoft patches installed.

Mahalo,

Harry Z.

Attached Files:

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Choose clean or delete, make sure you have the send for analysis ticked
    mahalo

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's an IE temp file so there's nothing to worry about if you delete it.

4. harryz

harryz Registered Member

toxinon12345: Thanx for the info. It's not clear that clicking on 'Delete' will submit the file if 'send for analysis' is clicked

Marcos,

How do I submit a product improvement request to add a 3rd option to the popup window (Submit for analysis and then Delete) so that it's clear you can do both tasks?

Harry Z.

5. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

even if its not clear for you, you can right click a suspicious file, point to advanced options>send for analysis

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello harryz
    You can always place Ideas to product improvements in this thread : Future changes to ESS to receive a little better exposure, hopefully :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.