No option for x number of differential backups and then full

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cunparis, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunparis

cunparis Registered Member

I cannot find the post but alex from support posted a screenshot of the task schedule wizard which shows a dialog saying full, diff, or inc and for diff & inc there are choices like

x number of backups and then a full

My v10 (4871) does not have this dialog. It just says full, diff, or inc. I checked the support page and I have the latest build. Something is wrong here, anyone know what?

All I want to do is a full backup once a month and differential each week, and I only want to conserve 1 full and 1 diff. Sounds easy right?

2. cunparis

Can anyone help me please? I don't see the same things as everyone else for scheduling the differential backup and I don't know what to do.

3. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Have you created a “Backup Location” yet? New in Version 10. I believe you must use this feature along with a scheduled backup to get to the screen you’re looking for.

4. cunparis

Yes, I have a backup location. I will have to post a screen shot to explain. I can schedule backups, but I do not have the windows to "perform x differential backups".

I will try reinstalling.

5. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

cunparis

If you set up your Backup Location folder on drive “D” for example, when you are setting up your scheduled backup, and designating where you want it to go to, you need to find “Backup Locations” on the file tree and send it there. Look towards the very top of the file tree. The folder will also be visible under “D” on the file tree, do not send it there.

If you are sending it to a valid Backup Location, you should see, in the folder box where you would enter a file name, in grayed out text, the following: “No file name is required in this area”. If you don’t see “No file name is required in this area” you are not designating the Backup Location and will not see the prompts you are looking for on the next screen.

CatFan

6. cunparis

Thank you so much for solving my problem! I was in fact choosing the folder of the backup location instead of the backup location. This is a bit tricky but now it all makes sense!

Thanks, I really appreciate the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.