No need for scanning in download managers ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Jaewyn, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaewyn

Jaewyn Registered Member

I wonder... there's no need to ask our download manager to scan for downloaded files, isnt it ? As AMON takes care of this, and as soon as the file is created on hard drive, if amon finds a virus, it will warn us.

Isnt it ? :)

2. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> I wonder... there's no need to ask our download manager to scan for downloaded files, isnt it ? As AMON takes care of this, and as soon as the file is created on hard drive, if amon finds a virus, it will warn us.

> Isnt it ? :)

Some people rely on their download managers to scan every download "on the fly".

I don't ... I right-click-scan everything I download before I run it/unzip it/whatever ... that way I know it has been scanned.

3. Jaewyn

Jaewyn Registered Member

Sure, but... why right clicking and scan everything ? Amon does the job for us every time a file is created isnt it ?

Or... perhaps AMON doesnt scan into archives ?

I havent found though the way to ask my download manager to launch NOD32, scan the file I downloaded, then close NOD32. If I tell him to just start NOD32, it starts the software, scan nothing (I have to start the scan myself), and of course does not close NOD32 afterward.

I need parameters I could send to NOD32, but do not know where to find them :)

4. Jaewyn

Jaewyn Registered Member

I have found the solution, with Reget Deluxe.

I set as antivirus software NOD32.EXE, with the [File] parameter, so for eicar.com file for example it will launch NOD32.EXE eicar.com

Then it launch and scan the file, and close NOD32 if no virus is found :)

I write this here if this can be of any help to somebody else.

Note that [file] parameter is a parameter specific to Reget Deluxe, Reget replace [file] with the filename to scan...

And thanks for this wonderful software.

Now, what I am seeking, and don't find anywhere (perhaps I should look better), is : is there a way to launch nod32 and scan for virus in hide mode (the window minimized for example) and pop only if there is a virus.

I think I have read somewhere a parameter to do this but cannot find where :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.