No more support for 2003?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by farmerlee, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I have been running v2.7 on my home system running windows 2003. I decided to try out v3 today only to discover it doesn't support it anymore. Whats the deal?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The deal is that currently v3 Home edition is available . Business edition available at the end of November (26 th) .

Home users don't use server OSes .

Home edition is made to support only Windows 2000 Pro , XP and Vista .

Business edition will support Windows 2000 server , 2003 server and perhaps 2008 server (later) . However , you will no longer be able to buy business edition for 1 machine only . Business edition is for 5+ machines and Business edition includes protection for servers/workstations , Mirror and RA.

If you want to keep server OS on home computer , v2 will serve you well :thumb:

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Well thats bad news :(. That was one of the reasons why i preferred nod32. There are a few users like me who do use a server at home and nod32 was one of only a few av's left that support servers without having to pay for an expensive business license. Hopefully v2 is supported for a decent amount of time.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It will for sure be supported for very long :thumb:

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

we were told that it will be around for the foreseeable future as it is the support for older systems - ie, v3.0 will NOT be running on older OSes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.