No more spam in Hotmail??

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Acadia, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, but has anyone else with a Hotmail account noticed that the amount of junk mail the past couple of days has just about ceased to exist? :cool: Is MS doing something different? I think this is wonderful but I'm also just curious and intelligent people are naturally curious. (Uh oh, I think I just left myself wide open to a Peaches attack)

Acadia

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Same here, no junkmail whatsoever, hmmmmm is there a tidal wave comingo_O

:D

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

No junk mail here either.

Kinda scary isn't it? ;)

snowbound

4. MegaHertz

MegaHertz Registered Member

I believe that they put in some new Junk mail filters as part of the upcoming MSN 9 release. It is supposed to be far superior to anything that they have used in the past and so far I must say that I am quite impressed.

5. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Intelligent people o_O :D :D Shucks. I'll be nice cuz it's Xmas but I swear sometimes you guys are dishing out some ....
    http://www.gifs.net/animate/gear1.gif

http://www.gifs.net/animate/winkingeyesdv.gif

On the serious side, MSN has ugraded within the last week or so. They also changed things on my computer so that when I log in, up comes hotmail rather than my desktop. Fixed them, but good, I just placed a question mark on my firewall for MSN and I allow it to load only when I need it.... otherwise, if you "Intelligent people" :) have a better idea .... will you share if I promise to be niceo_O Well at least until the new year!

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hmmmm, Peaches, I haven't had that problem. Do you use MSN as your ISP? o_O

Acadia

7. Peaches4U

No - I am on Cable. I rarely use MSN, if ever, but use Hotmail when I travel or as a throw away addy for online purposes. When MSN updated itself without my knowledge, this change also came through and I am pretty much cheezed off about it. What I did was block it from loading through my firewall ZAPro. If and when I choose to check my Hotmail then I enter my password for my Firewall to allow the connection. A bit of a hassle but unless there is an easier way of getting rid of it, this method will have to do. And no, I have no trojans, viruses, malware, etc. I scan every day including online independent scans. All security is in place. Cannot afford an infection of any description as I have a huge contact list due to a large club to which I belong and am News Editor. A virus would have a field day with my addy list. :( I keep my addy list on a diskette as well so if I do get an infection, I can immediately delete the addy list on my computer thus protecting everyone. It's a must as dozens of people trust my mail & attachments. Sorry to be so lengthy but wanted to explain. Cheers & Happy Holidays to you & your family.

Gotta go & finish making Lemon Pie for tonight. Dessert anyone? :D

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Darn! Lemon pie is my favourite too. :p

snowbound

9. Peaches4U

The Lemon pie was delicious!!!! Added extra lemon juice - enough to make one pucker up!! :D Yummy!!

Re my little problem with MSN ... I think I found it!! I have to do some fiddling in the registry. Actually, I found 12 problems in the REgistry that need attention. The value settings in HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE,etc... has the wrong value. Took me mega hours to research, but hopefully this is the correct solution. Will do backup first and then make the changes. It is times like this that I slightly like my computer!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.