no more network connection-BUGGY

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nitreniumions, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitreniumions

nitreniumions Registered Member

Within the TI bootable recovery module, I have no network connection. When I check for network adapters>eth0, I get no IP address nor doe sit say that I am using DHCP.
    I have a netgear router and this recovery module of Acronis was able to detect network earlier. I don't know what happened. When I boot normally, I can get Ip address and can connect ot the net.
    I would appreciate any clues that would let me fix this problem.
    thanks,

It works after serveral boots. I don't know if Acronis or my on-board LAN. something fishy!

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  2. Blackjack60

Blackjack60 Registered Member

I've seen this problem before. The solution is to WAIT. Sometimes you need to wait for several minutes before the network drivers load and get an IP address from the DHCP server. Just keep checking the network adapter settings, and eventually they will get an address. Different brands of network cards act differently. On my systems, Broadcom cards take the longest, followed by some of the Intel cards. Other Intel cards get an address right away. Hope this helps. It sure stumped me for a while...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.