no microsoft update with windows 98se

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Detox, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Since my main machine is having a mobo transplant I have been piddling a bit with my secondary and I know there are plenty of updates that it could use. When I go to Windows Update, however, it tells me "administrators only..." I thought at first that this was due to my router, but I have now connected this machine directly to my cable modem, and still no dice. The username is the only username there is on this machine, and I'm sure it's "admin..." so.. I'm guessing it's just a setting somewhere? Also hoping somebody here knows what setting it might be :D

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

After reading the first link, I thought that it had been showing "this page contains active X control not marked as safe you setting prohibit blah blah..."

Soooo I went into tools/internet options/security/custom level and changed "initialize and script activex controls not marked as safe" from "disable" to "prompt." Didn't work. Then I changed it to "enable," and it works :D

Thanks Pieter :D

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

My pleasure :cool:

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.