No Logoff or Shutdown schedule

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dvt, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvt

dvt Registered Member

I have upgraded to Acronis 11 on Vista. I used to schedule a full backup image of both my C: and D: partitions on shutdown on Acronis 9.

On 11, there is no option to schedule a backup on shutdown or logoff. Since this is my preferred option, does anyone know where it has gone?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Unfortunately log off process Windows Vista has differs from one which is used in Windows XP, so it is impossible to create scheduled backup task at system shutdown using Acronis True Image Home. At the same there is workaround - using pre-post commands. You can find instructions how to do this here. Please note also mentioned instructions are written for Windows XP. They are the same for Vista but the only thing you should take into account is that the scripts are kept in C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts folder in Vista.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Registered Member

Hi,

I was looking on this option too. The knowledge bas in acronis support also refers to your script.
    But, that script will shutdown PC after backup, so quiet useless. Is ther a script to run acronis service on system shutdown?
    Many thanks for your help

4. babac

babac Registered Member

HI jonny_ftm,
    The way you're asking your question ,I do not see any difference between these two procedures.
    One thing is sure, a program cannot be run when the computer is shutdown....!:rolleyes:

5. jonny_ftm

Thank you for your answer, but you missed my problem
    I'd be more clear
    In the procedure shown here: If I choose in the Vista start menu: Start/Shut Down than the TI backeup won't run before the shutdown procedure as it is supposed to do
    The procedure shown here in fact will need to be triggered on an event (set time, user logon) and will shutdown the PC once the backup is completed o_O Which is not what should be expected

I'd like the backup to be triggered once I quit my PC (shutdown PC) and once completed, shuts down PC

6. jonny_ftm

Any one can tell me if it is possible or definately impossible to get backups scheduled when I click shutdown or logoff?
    Really apprecaite your help

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Well, yoiu could make a task that shuts down afterrunning and then run that as your PC shutdown. That would do it--at least for voluntary shut downs. For accidental shut downs, not sure you want to try and run a backup up when windows had gone wonky.

8. jonny_ftm

Thanks, yep, it could be a way to do. But to run that task I need every time to open TI, navigate in the menus, and run the tak manually...

Anyway, after about 8 months of v11 out, they could implement that option as promised in their knowledge article. When I bought ATI, it is well written in the features: Schedule backup on shutdown/logoff

When I run it and missed the feature, it took me a while looking everywhere till I found well hidden in the knowledge database that that feature is not yet supported in Vista and the support is coming soon.

So many months has gone, so no more hope. Maybe at v12, and I'll have to give them cash for that.

Furthermore, on Vista, with ATI home 11, randomly I have lockups during boot at same point during some services. These lockups go away when ATI scheduler and services are manually disabled. Overall, the worst investment I've ever done

Anyway, thank you for trying to help. For some moments, I thought there was some workaround to it

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jonny_ftm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that you can create a .bat file with the commands described in the mentioned post, and place that file on your desktop/start menu. Then, when you want to shut down your computer while performing a backup before, you will just need to click that file.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.