No internet or email with nod32 ver 3 or 4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by reseauteck, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reseauteck

reseauteck Registered Member

Aug 6, 2007

I have a probleme on one pc with nod32 ver 4, no Internet (explorer 7) or email. First I reset de modem and routeur, try to connect with my laptop and all work fine. I make a ping to google and it work 4 good response. I try in safe mode and Internet work nice. After, I clean cookie, cache, temp files, scan with 3 anti spyware tools all the usuall stuf. At this point, I was sure it is a spyware. but after this, in normal mode, no connection in Internet explorer searching but never show me the page canot be found, just trying. Next step I uninstall nod32 restart computer and all work find. Reinstalling Nod32 ver 4 and before restart trying Explorer and not working again. Uninstall ver 4 restart, Internet work again, try to install ver 3 and the same thing hapen. Also I want to said that nod ver 4 was working 2 months without problem.

For the moment I have install Avg free

2. TWaz

TWaz Registered Member

May 21, 2009

Some things to try on this thread. I had the same issue but was lucky enough to fix it with one scan of Malwarebytes (which found 9 trojans).

NOD32 found 4 of the trojans while Malwarebytes was scanning.

If this doesn't work try a websearch for the google results redirection virus.

Some of the reports I've read indicate that this can be very difficult to remove.

Best of luck,

Tom W
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.