no interactive mode popup

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by winchendonsprings, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchendonsprings

winchendonsprings Registered Member

I have ESS firewall set to interactive mode so I can monitor whats going on.
    As of recently I'm no longer getting the poup message asking to Allow or Deny. It just automatically denies.

For example:
    1. I'm trying to test a new browser and it can't access the internet, but then when I set ESS firewall to Automatic mode, everything works fine. (Basically any new programs or changes to existing programs will not work unless I set the firewall to Automatic)
    2. I plug in my phone to the computer and it won't mount, but I set ESS firewall to automatic it is recognized immediately.

Any help would be great.

EDIT. Also when I create a rule in the rule editor for a new program to allow or deny, nothing happens. I set General, Local, Remote then click OK and it nothing new is added to my list.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. winchendonsprings

no one knows?

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. jhjm32087

jhjm32087 Registered Member

Did you install the Beta or RC. Also, when you tried to uninstall did it fail?

5. jhjm32087

jhjm32087 Registered Member

I had a similar problem with automatic mode worked, but when I change to interactive mode the internet access would not work. After about a few days I found the following: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=207120

I would remove ESET and make sure you do a manual uninstall and then follow the post. Good Luck

6. winchendonsprings

I just reset my firewalll to default settings. I'm still in interactive mode and it now allows any program. Still without the allow or deny popup.

so it's just like automatic mode.

7. winchendonsprings

uninstalling and reinstalling is an option but id like to troubleshoot and try to fix the issue first.

Ive had good luck using revo uninstaller when uninstalling programs and it finds all the registry stuff too. Is this the best uninstaller or does someone know an even better one?

8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I don't have tested yet the Revo but have very nice experience with Your Uninstaller! http://www.ursoftware.com/download.php , you can set three match levels of removing intensity.

9. Kayle

Kayle Registered Member

Hello winchendonsprings,

I've the same matter that you.

Could you say me if you have fix your problem and how you do this?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.