No "Instant Email Notification"

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by rpelletier, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpelletier

rpelletier Registered Member

Although I have subscribed to the threads I have started, I am receving no notifications of postings made to those threads.

I checked that they were allowed (by default) in my Profile, checked in my "Subcribed Threads" list and found them there, and also check my Junk Mail folder daily before emptying it, but notifications just don't work.

What can I do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I can't find any reason why you aren't getting email notifications. There are some email providers that look at the content of messages and just block them completely. Perhaps that is the case here. Maybe you should temporarily try a different email service in your profile and see if you get them there.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Ah, this is interesting. I checked to see if my reply here would trigger a message to you and it did. Your current email provider uses greylisting as an anti-spam measure. While we can deliver through that most of the time, if the timing is too sensitive and unforgiving, we might never hit the resend window. That looks like it might be the case. A message to you is sitting in our mail queue waiting on resending.

I just forced is through manually and it went, but, under normal conditions, we might well miss the retry window.

4. rpelletier

rpelletier Registered Member

Well, I received a notification of your reply, but this is the first I have received recently, in spite of the fact that I have several threads that I ahve subscribed to.

Oh well - wait and see, I guess...

Thanks for your reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.