No hard drives detected Error E000101F4

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oldsoulco, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsoulco

oldsoulco Registered Member

Trying to create a new image of a new HP 6910p laptop. When i boot into acronis image creator it says it can’t see any hard drives. Its a SATA drive in the laptop.

Is there drivers i need to update acronis so it sees SATA drives?

Ty

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What version and build of TI do you have? Are seeing this within windows ro when booted from the rescued CD?

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you booting from the TrueImage Recovery CD?

What version of TrueImage and what build are you using? Help / About shows the version and build number.

The latest version and build is version 10, build 4942.

Earlier versions are less likely to support the hardware, especially SATA drives, on new computers.

4. leerjet

leerjet Registered Member

I have the same problem and I am using the 4942 build. It's actually impossible to check Help/About because the error comes up and all you can to is acknowledge it and the application closes. I have the same problem with Disk Director Suite as well, which I regretfully purchased today.

It does not matter whether I run it from the recovery CD or from Windows XP 64 main Start menu.

5. jmk94903

Have you tried the quiet acpi=off noapic work around described in the second sticky at the top of this forum?

6. leerjet

I just tried the acpi command line and then I was able to use Disk Director from the recovery CD. However, it did not change anything as far as running from the copy installed in XP. Does that offer any clues as to why it does not work from my hard drive?

7. jmk94903

Have you uninstalled TrueImage, downloaded a new copy of the latest build and installed it.

Sometimes things get weird, and an uninstall/reinstall fixes the problem.

8. leerjet

I appreciate your attempt to help. Being a software engineer veteran, I have done ALL the reasonable things one would expect to try to get this to work, including uninstalling/reinstalling both True Image and Disk Director (which has the same problem). I have just built this machine so there is essentially nothing installed except the two OS drives (C=Vista 64, D=WinXP 64) and the associated drivers, plus the two Acronis packages.

I had submitted several support requests to Acronis and have yet to get a single response. Considering the great reputation that True Image has, I am totally disgusted with my experience with both products.

Thanks again for trying to help.

9. oldsoulco

oldsoulco Registered Member

I am not using TI, i am using acronis Snap deploy, and its build is 2,105.
    no recovery CD just using the management console over a network.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oldsoulco,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all installed components and recreate bootable medias.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the computer in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello leerjet,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then send a reply to the message with your Acronis request number. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. spike711

spike711 Registered Member

I was seeing error "Not any Hard Drives Detected" after upgrading from Win 2000 server to Win 2003 Server. The driver updates corrected the problem.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.