No GUI appears for v4.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by aracari, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aracari

aracari Registered Member

I have a strange problem with v4.1.

On my XP-Pro-SP2 system, if I start v4.1 with no ZA firewall and no ADSL connection running, the program starts and produces the GUI. If I then start the ZA firewall and ADSL connection, the GUI remains in view.

However, if I try to start v4.1 with ZA firewall and ADSL connection already running, the program starts (as per Task Manager) but the GUI fails to appear. Nothing I do will make the GUI appear in this situation.

It's a PITA because I normally start v4.1 when the firewall and ADSL connections are already running.

Never had a problem with the previous version.

Any solutions please?

2. aracari

Does anybody at Javacool read these forums?

Will somebody respond to my problem above please!

Thanks

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In case it matters, which version of ZA are you running ?

Also, is your "ZA firewall and ADSL connection" a combination package ?
    Meaning, can you narrow it down further and only start ZA and see if it is strictly related to your "ZA firewall" ?

4. aracari

Hi Bubba,
    My ZoneAlarm ver is 4.5.594.000 (a payware version).

No, my firewall and ADSL are two separate programs.
    ADSL is 8MBit USB SpeedTouch modem.

I would add that this combination caused no problem running the previous version of SpyWareBlaster, so I think the issue lies with v4.1.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the information. :) (And my apologies for the delayed reply.)

So SpywareBlaster 4.0 worked without any problems? And the problems only started when you upgraded to 4.1?

We had a few reports of a similar problem with the 4.0 release, but the 4.1 release seemed to fix it for most of the users that contacted us.

Also, would it be possible to just start ZoneAlarm (as suggested above by Bubba), and see if that alone causes the same problem to occur when starting SpywareBlaster?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. aracari

Hello Javacool,
    [Tuesday morning UK time]

Yes, I've just booted my system from cold and verified that it is only the ZA firewall which causes the SpyWareBlaster GUI not to appear. When I run Task Manager, there are two instances of SWB running, but no GUI.

For sure I had no problem with the previous TWO (maybe three) versions of SWB.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.