No firewall and no threatsence after upgrade to 4.2... win 7, 64...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Hellberg, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellberg

Hellberg Registered Member

I uninstalled my 4.0 install and renewed my license and got my hands on the 4.2 version from eset webpage. ;)

I then proceeded to install the thing, restarted my pc and then i noticed that both my win firewall and eset firewall is inactive. o_O

I can choose to press 2 buttons in windows firewall settings, either to bring the win firewall on, or to use eset firewall. Since i paid to get the software my personal option is to use the eset firewall, but when i press the "use eset firewall" button in windows a black dos screen flashes and nothing happens... :thumbd: (i think it says "command accepted" but im not sure, its to fast to read...) If i go into firewall settings in windows where i can check what firewall programs that are installed on the system, windows firewall is on, and eset firewall is off... so how do i put eset on??

Problem 2, if i look at the settings in the eset program the "webaccessprotection" is not working everything is greyed out. But i can press the button to make the program go back to standard settings to be able to check the tickbox in the window to activate the protection (threatsence engine)... after that nothing happens. And if i go back into settings again to check that everyting is kosher i notice that they are greyed out again and the tickbox is empty leaving the protection off again?... o_O :mad:

Frustrating as hell... :doubt:

I use windows 7, 64-bit.

My 4.0 version didnt have any problems at all, mind u that i havent change anything with the computer except uninstalling and then reinstall the new version with a couple of reboots... :rolleyes:

Please help!

/Cheers Daniel

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

3. Hellberg

Done that, not workin...

Also tried to install an english version and i have exactly the same problems...

Its like the firewall module and the web access protection (threatsence) isnt included in the installation?

I also tried to repair it, no luck...

/D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  4. bajan

bajan Registered Member

Hi

I concur with this poster, but I would reinstall your old version instead. I had many problems trying to upgrade and the only thing that actually made everything "normal" again was to reinstall the old version I had. Worth a try anyway.

5. Hellberg

Sad when u pay money for the software...

Thanx for the reply though :) :thumb:

/D

6. cool1007

cool1007 Registered Member

Out of curiousity, did you download the correct version of Eset Uninstaller for your OS? After checking the KB article I noticed there are 2 versions (1 for XP/windows 2003 and another one for Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7). Try following the steps to uninstall in safe mode. Do you receive any errors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.