No filename extension

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tungsten, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tungsten

Tungsten Registered Member

I've just used v8, build 889, for the first time and saved a disk image on my external HDD. However, when I try to access it there is no filename extension nor am I able to associate it with True Image because that program is not in the list, although it appears in Add/Remove Programs.

Can you help, anyone?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tungsten,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 903 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

You try to explore or restore the image archive from the external hard drive and don't see your image, am I correct?

Could you please describe your actions when you try to access the image file? What wizard do you use?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Tungsten

Irina

I don't think I can register my copy to update it because it's a trial version. I only downloaded it last week. Is there a new build already? If so, did I download an old version?

When I access the external HDD I see two image files (although I only made one as far as I was aware). Neither has a filename extension. I have tried to associate them with True Image program but it doesn't show up in the list of programs.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Tungsten,

Yes, We have released the new build, please download the new trial version, then please see whether the problem remains.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Tungsten

The problem seems to be cured using the later version. Thanks

6. Ronere

Ronere Guest

I am having the same problem. I am using the trial version of TI8 (build 903) and when I run TI to create an image on my external USB HDD (Buffalo 160gig Drivestation) it seems to create the files ok (3 of then as it is FAT32) but without the TIB extension on any. This is using Windows Explorer, TI in Windows and TIO via the boot CD. I used the boot CD to start TI8 to try for an image check and had to change to *.* all files as *.tib didn't see them. Strangely enough it did say that the image check was successful !!!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas?

A quick further question : If TI creates 3 spanned files like that, does it know they are all part of the same backup for an image check or restore? Or do I have to image check each one separately and point to each one separately when doing a restore?

7. Ronere

Ronere Guest

Ignore the first part above. I must have changed it from *.tib to *.* when creating the image. It seems ok now I have done it again. Thanks.

I would like a definitive answer to to my other question if possible though. I think it will be that Trues Image does all the connecting between spanned images for me. Correct?

8. Acronis Support

Hello Ronere,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

When you check image archive spanned over several parts Acronis True Image sees the whole image. To verify spanned image archive you can pick up any of images from the set and Acronis True Image will check the whole image archive.

If you check image archive spanned to several CDs/DVDs please insert the last disc in order to check your image.

Thank you,
    --
    Oleg Shegay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.