No Emails

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sheba53, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheba53

sheba53 Registered Member

Well here I go again, can anyone explain to me why my emails won't come through oe, no trouble up till now been useing it for 8years.My server is Bigpond they say Nod is causing the problem but Nod has never been a problem for me think I am on my 6th year with them now.Anyway the error message that comes up is OX800CCCOD sometimes the end is OF.In o/e incoming should be mail.bigpond.com outgoing is mail.bigpond.com but it keeps coming up server can't be found and sure as eggs I go in to check and incoming has changed to 127.0.0.1 so I just change it back and can get one lot of emails through then back to the 127.0.0.1 Bigpond say this is common with virus programs but it hasn't happened to me ever so it is not common for me... can anyone help. Oh I am running win xp home. thanks in advance.o_O

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi sheba53, welcome to Wilders.

Not correct. NOD32 does not effect Outlook Express like this at all, and I have installed it on over 1000 machines.

Correct.

127.0.0.1 is an internal address for Windows, typically used by your Host File.

I would tend to say absolute rubbish, and in relation to NOD32, not possible. It sounds more like a support tech that doesn’t know what the answer is so they just tell you that load of baloney :mad:

Could you please open up your Hosts File in Notepad and copy the contents here.

Cheers :D

3. sheba53

you will have to be patient with me as I have looked in notepad and can't find the info u want o_O

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Some email scanners work like local proxies - they receive email and then pass it further to your mail client. These proxies operate at localhost (127.0.0.1). NOD32 does not employ such a local proxy, only if you still have the already discontinued NOD32 1.0 version installed which inlcuded POP3scanner working just like this. If you see a white-green icon labeled CC by the clock, you must be using NOD32 2.x which doesn't act like a local proxy so there must be another program acting like this installed.

5. sheba53

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

this means nothing to me but it was in note pad hostso_Oo_O?

6. sheba53

Marcos the only other program I have put on lately is called Lashback Spam Control could this be my problem.:oops:

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Yep, antispam programs usually work as local proxies.

8. Blackspear

Bingo, the answer will be with how that piece of software operates with Outlook Express.

PS: Your Hosts File is normal.

9. sheba53

Thank you Blackspear, I have just removed Lash back Spam but it did not help so I will shut down my pc and start again and see if that works. I should be so lucky. :)

10. sheba53

Well I have just learnt a very hard lesson :D don't change my browser as getting rid of the spam program did not change a single thing.:oops: So I went to my bestest friend on my pc,:thumb: System Restore to before the new browser "Avant" then to my surprise my emails opened up no problem at all.:thumb: Thank you to all who put up with me and my problem.:-*

11. Blackspear

I would suggest a simpler method of handling your junk mail, download and install Mozilla Thunderbird from www.mozilla.com it has a very powerful junk mail filter within it, and you will find it is as simple to use as Outlook Express.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.